• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

K-301 carburetor

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a Chyna sourced fully adjustable Carter style carb from Amazon on my 10HP Magnum "K-241" 1050 replacing the junk fixed jet Walbro. It fully fixed the lean misfires this engine had. It just plain runs far better at every engine speed. I had to reuse the choke shaft and plate, but the throttle lever was almost identical. It bolted on otherwise just fine.

61pR2+yk7UL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I pulled the original apart today but couldn’t get the main jet out of the bottom stem. I have an ultrasonic cleaner. It would probably loosen & clean well enough to make work. However there is a good bit of wear in the main throttle shaft. & a gasket & needle valve kit is same price as a Hong Kong Fooey carb.

The quality really varies on the aftermarket carbs. I have had mixed luck with them, and the casting, machining, etc. is far worse than the OEM. If I were you I'd get a carb kit for the original carb and a couple of 7/16" OD x 1/4" ID bronze bushings from a good hardware store to repair the throttle shaft, and keep the original carb.

Oh I’m keeping original. It’s a definite “fall back” position. I can bush the housing & make a new shaft if need be. I’ve used “China” carbs on other things with pretty good results. But it is never a “slam dunk” on success. For one thing there is the ethanol in most gasoline. It’s corrosive, with that said the cast Al. In original USA stuff, resists it better than what ever White metal aftermarket crap is made from.

I bought a 1250 aftermarket carb from a good source, there was an issue with the fuel line metal fitting at the carb, the fitting was for a 1/4" fuel line and the 1250 is 3/8". And no, the threads were different between the fittings, and could not use the OEM fitting in the new carb. bought a brass reducer.

I think Digger has recommended somebody in particular's Chinese-ium carburetors. I hope he'll chime in here and tell us what he knows. Maybe it was the Isave tractors guy's

Same result here with the fittings and needle and shut off valve on one I fell for.
Pitched it when I found all the issues, never again!!
What do you expect for $14
I wasn't disappointed, just curious. 🙂

I think I need a new carburator for my wife's Model 169 Kohler K341A. Don't know if a kit would work and do NOT want anything made in China...

When I get the cheapie I ordered I’ll post any issues I may have. The K241 now in the 106 is running great as far as carb goes. Can swap it if I have to when I do the engine swap. Was wanting to bench run the 301 to tune, adjust governor, etc. before final engine swap.

Back