• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

just wondering...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Wyrick

IHCC Supporter
I realize that this will go down the rabbit hole of you need a cub for every implement! My question is has anyone ever tried to make a bracket to hold up the front blade and take off the lift rod so that it could stay in place and you could use the rear lift for another attachment? I was thinking that the weight of the front blade would help as I'm pulling my Box blade in back smoothing out these ozark rocks.

Attachments

• 20210926_080309.jpg
    20210926_080309.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 99
Go for it John. It sounds reasonable to me...or you could buy my 149 or the loader 1650 for sale here. You know you want to.

Ok, I dug through my "warehouse " and found a turnbuckle. Used an existing frame hole, a Ford 289 head bolt and assorted hardware I created a way to
20211001_164451.jpg
keep the blade in an up position. I can unscrew the turnbuckle and leave the left side in place when I put the lift rod back on. It will be interesting to see if it is more stable pulling a box blade on these Ozark hills.

Good creativity John although I wonder how long that aluminum(?) turnbuckle will hold that heavy steel blade over that rugged Ozark terrain.

I love that front tire tread pattern. Just like my old 124 had growing up. My 126 had the optional wide smoothies on the front, and the 782 did not offer those.

OK-so I finally purchased a lot next to me and tried out my box blade on the rear lift of my 122. The difference is that I have the "fixed position" blade on the front. It worked well and seems to add some needed front weight. The box blade and tangs yank up many rocks but where it's steep it is to scary to use. I have some flatter places to use the ground engaging equipment on but as much as I like my old 122, a 4wd small tractor is probably in order. Man it would have been great in Kansas!

Attachments

• 20220718_093724.jpg
    20220718_093724.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220718_093756.jpg
    20220718_093756.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220718_093734.jpg
    20220718_093734.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 0
Still scary with the loose rock skidding- acts like ball bearings...I pulled a homemade drag with my Polaris 4x4 side by side after this. Not as good but it did work. With this heat I can only manually rake and pick up rocks for about an hour at a time...

Or John's reason to get a hydro to go with his gear drive...

Latest posts

Back