• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Just my Luck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpaulusma

displayname
Ken Paulusma
We just got a serious dump of snow and i parked my 2185 in the garage for the night.
Went out today to blow more snow and now the PTO doesnt engage. The switch appears to be Ok and i applied 12 v to the clutch and it does engage.
I looked all over for a fuse but it is rotten cold working with bare hands so i am looking for help. Anyone think it may be the interlocks before i try and take off the seat . Or a shortcut to bypass them for now!
Or

We just got a serious dump of snow and i parked my 2185 in the garage for the night.
Went out today to blow more snow and now the PTO doesnt engage. The switch appears to be Ok and i applied 12 v to the clutch and it does engage.
I looked all over for a fuse but it is rotten cold working with bare hands so i am looking for help. Anyone think it may be the interlocks before i try and take off the seat . Or a shortcut to bypass them for now!
Or
There's 3 serial # breaks on those machines, which one do ya have?
1577853148151.png

1999-2000 Looking in the service manual only 1 2185 is covered in electrical
Shows an interlock however i can start the tractor with the pto switch in the off position
If i turn on the pto switch it wont start -- so i am assuming the switch is good There is a relay how ever i am not sure it is part of the circuit.

1999-2000 Looking in the service manual only 1 2185 is covered in electrical
Shows an interlock however i can start the tractor with the pto switch in the off position
If i turn on the pto switch it wont start -- so i am assuming the switch is good There is a relay how ever i am not sure it is part of the circuit.
You can't assume anything is good until you test it, just sayin.
1577894163086.png

Thanks for the wiring Diagram It warmed up a bit so i have the actual serial # as 817323 model is 14172100
Wiring diagram just might help out --
Will put an ohmmeter across the pto switch

Thanks again I took the dash off checked the switches checked as much as i could with an ohm meter. I got cold so i started it up to put it back in the shed and the pto is woirking again!! I guess there is a poor contact somewhere. Hope to make it warmer weather before it goes again
The wiring diagram helped me figure out what to check anyways.

Back