• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Just got this CC 102

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant Laughrey

displayname
TruckGuy1995
I just picked up this 102 from a guy at work for free. He thinks it's a 1968 model. It's in pretty rough shape and the generator is not charging the battery. Where should I start on this? Also if anyone can give me any more info about what I have, I appreciate it. I got lucky with my 1250, it only needed some small work so I never had to search for parts. I want to restore this 102 as close to original as possible. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20210504_191024.jpg
    20210504_191024.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 20210504_191151.jpg
    20210504_191151.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 175
Grant, WELCOME! Looks like your 102 is complete, unmolested with modifications, and even has the original seat. That serial number, 168580, would have been built in September of 1966.

Thanks for the quick reply. There is some farm repair for lack of better terms, on the control pedestal. I will do my best to repair it correctly and cut this junk off, but if anyone knows where to find a replacement pedestal I would go that route also.

Attachments

• 20210504_191111.jpg
    20210504_191111.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 20210504_191230.jpg
    20210504_191230.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 147
Ah, I saw the dark area on the earlier photo but it looked like it was just surface rust, and with the tractor being wet made it darker. That's an odd repair, I can't imagine a leak of battery acid causing that much damage that it needed to be welded up like that. You might be able to round up a replacement pedestal, one from a 102 or a 122 will fit. Place a wanted add in the classifieds and see what turns up.

Good score!! Like my girlfriend says, "if it's free, it's for me!"...And that's not really rough shape from what I've seen around. 👍👍
With an angle grinder, cut-off disk, chisel, patience (don't forget those safety glasses - don't wanna start nicknaming ya Ole One-Eyed Grant), I'd think you'd be able to get that off the pedestal, grind it smooth and repaint it.

I hope so. Just the pedestal, seat and the deck are in bad shape that I've seen so far. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it because it was sitting for a few years but a little work got it running great. I think at this point I have it narrowed down to a bad generator. The motor starts but won't charge and dies as soon as the battery is drained.

Back