• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Just got this 122 today

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have several Quietlines (1450's and 1650's) and only one has the 1" spindles... and that is my 79 1650. My 77 1450 has 1" spindles, but I stole those off my parts 782, it had 3/4" from the factory. I had a bearing fail, and had the good set of everything from the 782, so I swapped them and went back to work. I also have another somewhat rare option on a Quietline... my 1450 is a Twin-Stick..... It's the only Twin-Stick we have, in all the models..... none of the 782's are a twin stick....

Someone mention "skinny" tri-ribs?

128 plow.jpg

DSCF4158 copy.jpg

027 (2).JPG
:roflol:

Steve - CC Specialties has all the belts you'll need. Charlie is the only one that knows if some belts are harder to get than others, but I doubt they are, except maybe for an Original with a timed deck.

And Steve - if you've got the skinny wheels you can put those on either a narrow or wide frame. Some guys like them cause they might make it a little easier to steer (but if you want easier steering then you need to add a Super Steer bearing upgrade to the steering box).

Marty - there you go again, trying to move up in the Photos Keeper spot. I don't know how you do it but your tractors look staged for the photos. Did you go to photography school or something?
And what model tractor is that in the top pic? I can't make out the number on the dash decal. It could be my monitor but the stripe in the decal looks kinda brown so I assume it's red, and since it's a gear drive I'm guessing it's a 128.

We have several Quietlines (1450's and 1650's) and only one has the 1" spindles... and that is my 79 1650. My 77 1450 has 1" spindles, but I stole those off my parts 782, it had 3/4" from the factory. I had a bearing fail, and had the good set of everything from the 782, so I swapped them and went back to work. I also have another somewhat rare option on a Quietline... my 1450 is a Twin-Stick..... It's the only Twin-Stick we have, in all the models..... none of the 782's are a twin stick....
Scott - what is a “twin stick” ? Still learning the lingo on this site.

Hey there Colonel (not the military rank) - I'm gonna jump in here ahead of Scott.
When I was a kid I used to get a "twin stick" popsicle for a nickel, but I don't think that's what Scott was talking about. Mmm, Mmm - cherry flavor was the best. :errrr:
I believe he is referring to the optional dual spooler hydraulic system that was available on the infamous Quiet Line tractors. The 1450 and 1650 came standard with the single lever (stick) hydraulic lift, and they had an option to add another lever (stick) for angling a front blade. Hence, they had 2 levers (twin sticks) on the right hand side of the dash. (They actually aren't twins, there are just 2 of them and people call them twins).

Dual stick hydraulic lift on a 1450.

CC1450_03a.jpg

Second "stick" controls the front hydraulic outlet ports.

1450 Front Outlets.jpg

Steve,
Those are the three that are fixed up with the "skinny" tri-ribs. The others don't have skinny tri-ribs.
I fixed up the 122 for my dad about four to five years ago. He passed away a little over two years ago, and my mom told me to bring it on home with me. I am planning to do that in a couple of days.
I have a correct fiberglass seat for it, and plan to get the seat re-covered and put it on the 122.

Harry,
No photo school, just tried to take pics that would show most of the tractor.
You guessed right, a 128. That is my first cub. The brown look comes from the small exhaust leak just in front of the air cleaner. LOL

Dual stick hydraulic lift on a 1450.

View attachment 143306

Second "stick" controls the front hydraulic outlet ports.

View attachment 143307

Ok Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos. I guess you're probably right. Since it has a "dual spool" valve control, I guess technically you should call it a "dual stick". It's just that "twin stick" slips off the tongue alot easier. :fencing:

Steve, as mentioned, yes it is for dual hydraulic controls. The "standard" one which it the implement lift (on a twin stick it is the inside stick, closest to the dash) that raises and lowers the implements. The "optional" one is to control the front hydraulic outlets (on a twin stick, it the outside stick). The only factory implement, that I know of was the hydro angled blade. I have a hydro angle blade also. It is really nice to be able to angle the blade from the seat. I did it the manual way for 40 years. I had the 1450 for nearly 10 before I got the hydro angle blade. I do have a picture of it mounted if you would like to see it.

Also, in the Quietline models:

1x00 model number (800, 1000, 1100, 1200) were the gear drive models. The 1100 was even unique itself....
1x50 model number (1050, 1250, 1450, 1650) were the hydro models. The 1450 and 1650 came standard with hydraulic lift and lights.

A quick rule of thumb on the IH Yellow and White 3 digit cub model numbers. If the model number is an even number, the tractor is a gear drive. (70, 100, 102, 122, 104, 124, 106, 126, 108, 128). If the model number is an odd number, the tractor is a hydro (123, 105, 125, 107, 127, 147, 109, 129, 149, 169).... Some of the 2 digit models dont follow this. The 70, 71, 72, 73 and 86 are all gear drives. On all these models, the first digit(s) are the horsepower..

The 82 series then goes off all on its own..... The 482, 582, and 582 Special are all gear drives and I think have a 16 briggs twin in them. The 682, 782 and 982 are hydros. The 682 and 782 are the "same" tractor with a KT17 Kohler 17hp twin, but the 682 is a manual lift and the 782 is a hydraulic lift. The 982 is a Super Garden tractor, it's a hydro, hydraulic lift with a 19.9hp Onan Twin. The frame is longer and it has larger tires. The 782D is a 3 cylinder Kubota Diesel, hydro, hydraulic lift. The 1282 didn't come along until CCC and it was a 12hp Kohler Single, and manual lift. After the CCC switch to 4 numbers, I lost track.....

Last edited:
Back