• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

John Deere 214 Electric Conversion...So Far!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbertalotto

displayname
Rberrtalotto
Yes, I know it isn't RED or Yellow and White......But it does have yellow wheels!

I decided that this conversion will be 36V rather than 48 that the Toro conversion was. See this conversion here.... www.rvbprecision.com

The JD214 having a 4 speed transmission and not running a mower deck off the tractors electric mower, I believe 36V will be plenty. I would have like to used 48V but I was concerned it put to much weight forward of the rear wheels. The fourth battery would have needed to go foward, abopve the motor.
Running a mower deck would need the full 3300RPM this motor is capable of. But just as a yard tractor, I won't need this speed....We shall see....

Yesterday I got a lot done.....

Built a new dash and mounted the switches and gauges

IMG_20200611_072930742-vi.jpg

Cut out a bit of the rear chassis for the rear battery. This tractor will have an electric Sleeve Hitch so all this area will be reinforced later

IMG_20200611_072943131-vi.jpg

Welded a cross brace to support one of the front batteries

IMG_20200611_072902876-vi.jpg

Mounted the motor

IMG_20200611_082013237-vi.jpg

And installed the three batteries

IMG_20200611_081922363-vi.jpg

Got the near perfect condition grill from the 214 I picked up on Sunday mounted...Love this grill!

IMG_20200611_081907897-vi.jpg

Just need to wire it up, fabricate belt locator pins, paint the body panels and do a variator adjustment......And away we go!

Looks like a nice conversion. I also like how neatly the tools are laid out.
When I am working on my tractors the tools get scattered all over the shop.

I admit it.....I'm a bit OCD when it comes to tools.....I hate spending time looking for a tool.....:)

Back