• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

John Deere 140

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klindstedt

displayname
Kevin Lindstedt
While many of you have fond memories of your Father or Grandfather's Cub Cadet when you were a child, my childhood memories are of this tractor - My Dad's John Deere 140 in Spruce Blue and Dogwood White. I still remember the day the dealer delivered the tractor, mower deck and blade. I had to be around 8 or 9 years old. Later my Dad bought a tiller for it as well. It is still a worker. I had to borrow it today to pull the lawn sweeper. The front oil seal (under the flywheel) is leaking real bad on my 1811 and I have the engine out to work on it. It was a blast to drive it again.

243330.jpg

243331.jpg

A patio tractor I think they were called, I think they are scarce .
old.gif

Kevin, wow, nice patio!!! Even the seat appears to be perfect! I'd be afraid to use it.
yikes.gif

Don - I'm not sure how rare they are. I do know I have never seen another one around my area - even when they were new.

Melody - It is in very good shape, it has been garaged/shedded all it's life.

A few observations from using it today. I couldn't get comfortable in the seat; there doesn't seem to be as much leg room and /or distance between the seat and the steering wheel. I loved the way it steered, much tighter turning radius than the 1811 and none of the wandering and slop.

Kevin--That patio tractor is in great shape. Isn't it amazing after all these years when you get the chance to run the tractor of your younger years how it evokes those old emotions. I grew up on Wheel Horse and every time I use it it takes me back. That thing looks really clean though, WOW! Thanks for sharing.

My friend has a orange Patio 112 with a perfect seat. He is talking of selling it before something happens to the seat, because then its value drops considerable.

Latest posts

Back