• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Jeff V's 1710 question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvangor

displayname
jeff vangor
i hope im asking this on the right side, i have a 1710w/50" and i got it for free, the best kind, the tractor is in great shape, anyways the probel mwith it when i got it, was the drive shaft, one of the hubs came apart,and the guy was fed up with fixing it, well i put in all new parts except the drive shaft itself,i didn't have the correct hub that is on the input shaft for the hydro, i used one that looked like what i took off of it, well late last year it started to break the roll pin in the input shaft, the input shaft hole is not oblong,but i did order the correct hub for the input shaft, and there are no differences between the correct one and the one in installed. i have it hear in our shop, and my mechanic thats been with us for 24 years,and has only worked on cub cadets, cant figure it out. any info would be great!! sorry for being winded,. jeff

Jeff, the 1710 is basically the same as a 682 so hopefully those with 682 experience will help you out.

Kraig -

Ya didn't have to repost - I would've moved it for ya!!!
lol.gif

Jeff,check the hydrostatic housing and diff. housing where it bolts to the frame,it is likely loose and the hydro movement is causing this. There are the obvious rear bolts on the axle housings plus the two that are thru the frame forward of them. May be a loose engine mounting plate if the tranny is tight.

Back