• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Jeeps

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
319387.jpg

I couldn’t get used to the thing, I just liked the stock look better.

I put the parts together to clone the ‘16 Black Bear edition, the jury’s still out whether I add the relief map hood decal. But.... Black Bear Road, Imogene Pass, Engineer Pass are all on the list for trails in June.

Out back, I ditched the stock plastic bumper with a bumper that has a little better departure angle. I built it narrow and added cutouts for some decent reverse lights (the stockers suck). Frame tail was reinforced to add a tire carrier that mounts to the frame instead of the body tub. Once I had the bumper built I had it and the steel fenders shot with Line-X.
319389.jpg

Carolyn picked up this clean local one owner '95 Grand Cherokee last week at an estate auction.
185K on the clock and needs a little maintenance, mainly brakes and exhaust work. Virtually rust free w/ no damage or missing parts.

Nice thing is, we can flat tow it behind the camper if we need to. I'll just have to find a tow bar set-up for it. Anyone know of one somewhere?

320442.jpg

320443.jpg

320444.jpg

Dave,

NIce rig!

All,

History Channel had video footage of the Willys Jeep tests pictured below....you should have seen the landing....that field gun bounced 4' off the ground after the first "hit".......gutsy dudes running that test!

A bit of suspension work complete. I won't have my name emblazoned on any articulation ramps with this thing, but it'll get me through most of the trails around MOAB next week!
320702.jpg

Spent a few at Moab. Here’s making it to the end of the Top of the World trail... kids, wife, camping gear, and two weeks of clothes packed in there.

Didn’t have to get out and stack rocks on the stair steps, did my own spotting, and the only rock rash was on the bumper corners.... and probably scraped all the paint off the skid plates.

320820.jpg

Wyatt, very cool photo!

Edit: That deserves to be posted in a higher resolution. Any chance you could email me the full resolution?
happy.gif

Here's a higher resolution version of Wyatt's photo:

320828.jpg

With a bit of cropping it makes a great widescreen desktop photo. Especially the full resolution version.
happy.gif

320829.jpg

The other two wheeling stops have been the Kennebec Notch at the end of La Plata Canyon (with a good view of the 416 Fire north of Durango) and then the “Fins & Things” trail just outside of Moab.

320831.jpg

320832.jpg

WYATT I showed this picture to my wife this AM, now she wants to travel around out west again, but more off the beaten pass than last time.

That picture should be a Jeep commercial!

Going bigger!
In the same mindset as the Wheatland and the Stroker 2072- I'm putting on 1-ton axles with lockers.

Dana 60 and Ford 10.5" - 5.38 gears, reid knuckles, chrome moly shafts, 100% rebuilt, E-locker and TrueTrac diffs. Artec truss and brackets. DOM tube long-arm links with Currie joints.

323526.jpg

Finally got some daylight and weather so I can reproduce the first shot!

323937.jpg

Now sporting a Dana 60 front and Sterling 10.5” rear with lockers, courtesy of an F350 with a 7.3. Now running 37’s and a 4.5” lift.

Telluride in June!!!!

Wyatt, sweet!

And so that we can see them side by side:

323942.jpg

After rereading Wyatt's post I think he meant reproducing this photo, original on the left side repro on the right side:

323986.jpg

Back