• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

It sux to be me....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mconway

displayname
mike conway
so when i was 75% done mowing yesterday.....my 42 inch decided she had enough.....all of a sudden the blades stopped so i looked down on the left side just in time to see the spindle drop down after i disengaged the pto. here is what she looked like in july 2015 after the refurb that i did and the carnage of today. believe it or not....i found everything as can be seen in the pics. the spindle shaft i will tig weld and then cleanup the keyway as i did on one of them during the refurb. so it will be awhile til she's healthy again so i better get some seals on order from charlie....

Attachments

• IMG_9189a.jpg
    IMG_9189a.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_4941a.jpg
    IMG_4941a.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_4942a.jpg
    IMG_4942a.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_4943a.jpg
    IMG_4943a.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4949a.jpg
    IMG_4949a.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_4950a.jpg
    IMG_4950a.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 263
That's why I hate these original "flag" connectors on these older Cubs for the coil hook ups as they have no wrap of any kind to prevent movement,
"And", you say, "why would there be movement??"

After all, we all know these old Kohlers are whisper smooth now don't we??!!

Back