• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

It Started With A Single Drip

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racton

displayname
Rick Acton
Greetings all. A single cub owner, I've been reading and lurking for quite a while and finally joined up. My girl has been running pretty much trouble-free for the eight years since we teamed up.

285906.jpg
Original

285907.jpg
Original

Red tank straps because everyone knows red paint adds a touch more hp, right?

A few weeks back there was a quarter-sized spot of hydro on the floor underneath and I found the source to probably be the cork gasket on the pump. I ordered a new one and started disconnecting things to do the split. Well, one thing led to another and as I looked closely I saw where "this and that" could use a bit of love, now I have this...

285908.jpg
Original

285909.jpg
Original

And it's all thanks to you guys. Every time I got into a new system, I came here and found all the info I needed to be sure I could handle the job. Much appreciated! I'll post pics as I go along, though I'm sure it'll be old hat for you. Maybe you'll see things I missed! Now I am off to convince the boss that the cost will be worth it (pie charts, power point presentations, expert witnesses...)

Rick, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Nice job! Is that a bottle opener on the right fender? I like it.
lol.gif

Rick A - nice looking tractor AND glad to see someone with the front chevron tires on correctly to maximize grip when making a turn!!!!!!

The red straps - I have Stihl chainsaws (orange 50:1 mix), Lawnboy mowers (green 32:1 mix) and up until I bought a few IHCC's, red Wheelhorse tractors. So to keep the family members from putting the wrong gas in the wrong machine, I've got these teardrop looking steel Eagle 2 gallon gas cans and they are painted red, green and orange to associate them to the engine the gas that ought to be going-in in the first place.

I associate those red straps on your fuel tank with a red gas can!

Tell the Boss that when your done that tractor will last your life time and then some.

The old one was barely thicker than the paper towel it's sitting on...
285918.jpg
Original

The new one in place and ready for permatex and reinstallation...
285919.jpg
Original

Good news: the project has been approved on a set budget. It is lower than I wanted but I am certain that a limited amount of scope creep will be tolerated in the long run. We haven't stayed married for 30 years by being inflexible. So I stripped it down to the frame/chassis today and got down to business before she could come to her senses.

286018.jpg
Original
286019.jpg
Original

This is a working gal, so I am not looking for perfection since I would just be sad when I bumped into a trailer or a branch fell on her. Pulled out the power washer then put a wire wheel to work for the worst of the blemishes. A few hours and a couple cans of primer later...

286020.jpg
Original
286021.jpg
Original

And, since I had some time left, I worked the steering column.

286022.jpg
Original
286023.jpg
Original
286024.jpg
Original

welcome Rick, love the 129, come on over to the main forum too.

Back