• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Parts Wanted ISO main jets

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Olsen

IHCC Supporter
I am looking for a couple of Kohler/Carter #30 main jets and a few other carburetor parts as I am trying to rebuild some older carburetors. I have been trying to order from a guy with no luck. I’ve looked at a couple of the sponsors and couldn’t find any. Any help or information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#30 Carbs are fairly hard to come by and I doubt most people would really want to sell just the main jet. I would also assume it was a rarely sold new part and so there probably are really no NOS parts available. I could be wrong because I don't know the puller community but do know they like #30 carbs and K341 stuff. Not that I'm any help here, I just happen to think you're on a really tough road.

Thank you for the replies. I did look at cub cadet used parts and nothing. I guess I should have did a little more research before I went and stripped the screw head up and easy outed them out.

Once upon a time, they would have been stored in something like thsee:
941D5E13-4596-40CA-91CB-AFB19A4DCD18.png

Thank you for the replies. I did look at cub cadet used parts and nothing. I guess I should have did a little more research before I went and stripped the screw head up and easy outed them out.
Jake - I just got some information that you can actually use a #26 jet and drill (ream or bore) it to the #30 size.

Best to leave that part of the carb well enough alone and not attempt to remove them at all to avoid issues like this.
Been my experience at least.

I think I have one of those jets I removed from a nearly unused but broken carb, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Best to leave that part of the carb well enough alone and not attempt to remove them at all to avoid issues like this.
Been my experience at least.

I know the jets are hard to unscrew most times. I suppose you could just leave and try it out to see if it works good after you've cleaned it up. And if you still have a carb problem then go back and attempt to remove the main jet. This is what I usually did. I would attempt to remove the jet but if it was really stuck I would just go ahead and try the carb after the good cleaning, including poly broom bristles in the fine holes.

Others on here have previously said to make sure you use a good and exact size screwdriver that fits the slot in the jet. I think you might even have to grind the edges so it's narrow enough to fit.

Here's the worst case I experienced. Haven't actually done any carbs since this.
When I got my 169 at the scrap yard the air cleaner base was gone, the tractor was laying on it's side and the carb was jammed full of sand. I thought the carb was a gonner but I removed it, dis-assembled including removing that main jet (friend actually heated the shaft with a torch which was scary and don't recommend a novice try), soaked it for awhile in carb cleaner and used poly broom bristles in the fine holes to make sure they were open. and that carb is still in use today on the 169 trailer queen.

Make sure you have a good look for the fine holes. As I recall there is one inside the hole where the idle adjusting screw goes.

Last edited:
I had good luck swapping the main jet from a $15 china carb. The thread pitch was very close, went in tight the first time with lube, now it goes in/out easy. I had bought the cheap carb as a replacement for my #30, it ran ok with it but could not get it to run smooth, so tried swapping the main jet because PO had stripped the screw head and it had multiple bends in it. Runs good with the new jet.

I finally got a couple ordered and thank you for the replies. I tried a china/Japan jet and didn’t want to mess the original body up so it only went finger tight. The carburetor I’m wanting to replace with the original carburetor I finally got working pretty good. After about 10-12 times on and off the tractor I finally checked the main jet. 3 turns out so that was really messing up the high speed adjustment. Lessons learned leave the main jet alone if possible and check and verify anything new.

Back