• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

ISO gear for electric lift

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmcilvain

displayname
Terry McIlvain
New, good used, gear to get my 147hydro lifting again. # IH 530793-R1. Thank you, in advance, and yes i am trying to avoid paying around a hundred dollars for a gear that is a little bigger than a silver dollar.

Not being critical, but $100 is not all that much now days.
In North Carolina:
Two 8 oz. sirloin (cheapest steak) steak dinners and Iced tea will cost around $65. And that only lasts the rest of the day.
I can fill my truck up for around the same price, and it only lasts a few weeks.
I just bought tags for my truck (property taxes for it included), and it cost me over $500! That is only for one year, and all I have to show for it is a 1 inch sticker that says: 10-21'

Again, I am not being critical. Prices of things are crazy. Kind of like what I tell my wife when she complains of prices, "Just be glad it's not $200."
Also, remember IH is long gone, and stuff is getting harder and harder to find.
It would be nice to find a used one cheaper, but don't wait until the new ones are gone too. Just sayin' :cubwinker:

The 100.00 part now, adjusting for 602% inflation since 1969 was $14.35.
crazy but true.
I‘ll look and see if I have one in my stash of NOS stuff.
If so I’ll PM you. My price won’t reflect 602%.

Attachments

• 7837D8F8-ABE6-4ABD-A6C2-0A934967EE2F.jpeg
    7837D8F8-ABE6-4ABD-A6C2-0A934967EE2F.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 423
That's not bad.
My dad bought an IH pickup in 1968 for $2,800. I bought a GMC in 2017 for $60,000! According to the price rate increase on the ISO gear, I should have been able to buy my GMC for $19,512.19!

I had one years ago, replaced the large gear, it was expensive, about a year later it stopped working again, then I did what yo u should do, I replaced both gears, and a spring assist on the lift for the snowblower, few years later again it started slipping, I had enough and converted it to a hydraulic lift

The 100.00 part now, adjusting for 602% inflation since 1969 was $14.35.
crazy but true.
I‘ll look and see if I have one in my stash of NOS stuff.
If so I’ll PM you. My price won’t reflect 602%.
thank you

I'll weigh in here for you guys bashing electric lifts. :cubwinker:

I've used this 147 for 20+ years tilling over 9,000 feet a year and throwin snow in the winter with NO problems with the electric lift part. So I call BS that they are worthless and call Operator Error, and lack of common sense as the cause for them to fail!
1597148993265.png

I agree with Charlie on this. The 147 I had for 20 years was my main mow and snowplow or
blower tractor and the only thing I ever did was change brushes in the lift motor.

The motor on a used one i bought for my 127 quit working, i found a complete linear actuator that looked like our electric lifts but the ends were different. The motor worked perfectly.

Attachments

• 20191028_061128.jpg
    20191028_061128.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 421
Here are pics of actuator, i got this from ebay for sixty dollars . The bad cub motor is on it now. I could have made it work but the motor swap was easier..i dont know if the internals are compatible with cub.

Attachments

• 20200811_182833.jpg
    20200811_182833.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 419
  • 20200811_182820.jpg
    20200811_182820.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 447
Here are pics of actuator, i got this from ebay for sixty dollars . The bad cub motor is on it now. I could have made it work but the motor swap was easier..i dont know if the internals are compatible with cub.
The MPD 6405 is the correct assembly for Cubs The -6 on the end is the stroke of the unit.

Geez, I really wasn't bashing the 147. I just said it was my least favorite because of the electric lift. It seems when they work they do work good and are easy to use. I just don't care for doing electrical work on them if they do fail - and many are failing now and have for the last several years, because of their age and use. Wide frame hydraulic lifts hardly ever have a failure of any type. Narrow frame hydraulic lifts - now as sweet as they are, they are prone to a shaft bearing failure. So if you don't like Armstrong - choose your weapon. :roflol:

Hydro Harry not picking on you. You were the very first guy to help me sort out voltage reg. problems on the old 147
way back in 98 I think. I know it was when Rev. bob N was running things.

Hey that's ok Kendal - back in the day of the Rev, I paid penance several times. :roflol:

Back