• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Is this good or bad?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Fetters

IHCC Supporter
Stanley black and decker purchased mtd and excel. I hope they don't cut back on an already slim parts availability.https://www.mtdproducts.com/en_US/Stanley-Black-Decker-Completes-Acquisitions-MTD-Excel.html

To answer the title, probably bad. That is what they have done to all the other companies they have bought.

Hopefully CNH still will have stuff.... but.

Now the sponsors, that have a stash (like Charlie and Rob) or make stuff (Like Dave and Aaron) are going to become VITAL for those of us who are in this hobby.... I could see with them buying it rest of it (they had bought a partial interest a couple years ago)... that, here soon, it might even be hard to get parts for my 2020 ULTIMA Zero Turn....

A couple weeks ago I heard on the local news that Rhode Island banned gas powered leaf blowers and now they want to go after "lawn mowers".. Mass has some towns up in Cape Cod that have already done this too. I don't think it's the "END" but we can see it real good from here!

I noticed about a month ago, that the cub cadet web site no longer has gas powered lawn equipment on it, like wood chippers and log splitters. The cub dealer that I deal with said they didn't get rid of the line, but are focusing on the high volume products until they get caught up. He said at the dealer show, they were told that the factory is only about 60% staffed, so they are way behind. They can't find workers or maintenance people, so they are investing heavily in automating what they can. He can't even order a cub cadet log splitter until the fall, at the earliest. He said the dealers were told to push the cordless line of products, and phase out the gas powered tools, like string trimmers and such. Now, fast forward to this past Friday, the dealer in Central Wisconsin I bought my log splitter from, it was a leftover from last year, had no gas push mowers, or string trimmers. But he had two huge Dewalt tool displays, with battery push mowers and string trimmers. Which I thought was odd, until I remembered they are also under the Stanley corporate umbrella. The local dealership experience is changing already.

How long until the powers that be start saying that The Grid cannot handle the Charges? How much fuel does it take to run Power Authority Generators? How much fossil fuels to manufacturer and maintain Windmills and solar panels... Tree huggers are kidding themselves

California has gone through rolling brown outs for years. Last year, they released a mandate that electric cars could not be charged during the time of the brown outs.

California has gone through rolling brown outs for years. Last year, they released a mandate that electric cars could not be charged during the time of the brown outs.
Just yesterday I was talking with a friend who lives in norcal, and he was telling me about this. They will just shut the grid down if there's too much demand or a high fire hazard. Crazy...

The dealer I work for ordered their usual amount of Cubs for the year. 1day later they were told they would not get their entire order. We have sold all of the GSX models we will get for the year already. We will not stock XT1 models, have not received any XT2 42" models yet and are almost out of 46" models. And it is just barely March. And the prices change on each shipment of accessories. Should be a great year!

SBD is not good. Cost cutting is their whole model...they bought out one of our customers over a year ago. They want a 5% price reduction each and every year. When asked how it's supposed to be done when we hit the break even point, it was stated that "professionals" would come in to show us how to trim costs and work more efficiently...talk about a backhand to the face.

Back