• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Iowa Cub Cadet

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austincarlson

Hey guys I’m from central Iowa. Working on restoring my grandpas 1967 71 Cub Cadet. I restored the motor my freshman year of high school in 2000 as a 4H project. Now I’m looking to do the full restoration and I’d like to find a front blade for it to have some fun with!

So far, I’m almost completely torn down and going to rebuild brakes, steering, and clutch areas while I go back together.

Anyone know where to find the grommet for the steering column?

I also need a shifter knob and my lever now is really pitted and rusty at the end. Is it supposed to be threaded or is it just a press on type?

Looking forward to getting some help along the way here.

This is what you will need
Upper right hand corner

1673191250498.png

Nice to have you here, Austin. Welcome!
Got any pics handy? I/we would to see your tractor.
Good luck with the restoration.

Austin, WELCOME!

The shift knob is a press/friction fit type.

Back