• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Iowa 70

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot the last of the yellow this morning, overall pretty pleased with my efforts. I know that do to my inexperience I used twice as much paint as someone that knows what they are doing. I also know that I needed a lot more light than what I had. All I have left to paint now is the hood which is in need of a little filler.

IMG_20220610_093457432.jpg

IMG_20220610_091733013.jpg

IMG_20220610_093451064.jpg
IMG_20220610_093439326 (1).jpg
IMG_20220609_085623633.jpg

Brad, don't know If I asked you this or not, but did your axle have a grease fitting on the underside for the pivot pin??

You should add one if not and make sure the new pin has a grease reserve slot cut into the center.

The 70\100 series usually does not have a fitting or slot. I think that was added in latter series tractors. Would be interesting to know when this was implemented.

The 70\100 series usually does not have a fitting or slot. I think that was added in latter series tractors. Would be interesting to know when this was implemented.
I kinda wondered about that when I dis-assembled mine.
Had to drill and tap for one.
Brad, Did I mention that to you earlier?? I don't recall.

My axle pins were so tight in the axle, I had to cut the pins with a sawzall. I then took the axles to work and pressed the remainder of the pins out. It took thousands of pounds of pressure to get them out!
But remember, they were in there for years!

on the underside on the S/G side of the tractor.
You have to angle it in so it hits the hole for the pin in the center.
Yor pin probably don't have a grease relief in it though.
Want me to send you one? will fit in a small flat rate box.
No charge, just pay the shipping.
PM me
Dave

on the underside on the S/G side of the tractor.
You have to angle it in so it hits the hole for the pin in the center.
Yor pin probably don't have a grease relief in it though.
Want me to send you one? will fit in a small flat rate box.
No charge, just pay the shipping.
PM me
Dave
In the mail tomorrow

Slowly but surely I am making progress, I did get a zerk tapped into the front axle, thanks Dave S for your assistance! Paintwise I have the hood to do yet and then the engine block and some small stuff. For the most part I am pleased with my paint. I have not painted anything that I cannot live with however. Were I to do another one I would paint everything with at least one more coat. If the paint is thin you can really tell it.

Comp 1 6.jpg

Comp 2 6.jpg

Comp3 6.jpg

Great job Brad, but yer gonna need an engine in that thing to make it more fun. As it is, all you can do is sit on it making engine noises. My bride makes fun of me when I do that...

Back