• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

International Cub

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acasteel

displayname
Anthony Casteel
Not cub cadet but looks like a farmall cub!!!! I got one today and i need to know if it has a 6 volt system or a 12 volt system so i can get it home. Can anyone tell me what it is?

B.T.W. its not a 40's or 50's it was made in the late 60's era through the 70's. And it has a bench seat with a back rest so it doesnt have a bucket seat.

Annnnnd the picture is where???
dunno.gif

i diddent get one of mine but i can get one that looks just like it = )

I need advise on my cub. When the clutch pedal just starts out it make a noise as if the throw out bearing is going to discentigrate. When the clutch engages it is quiet and works as it should.
TIA

259228.jpg

You probably need a new T/O bearing and pilot bushing. You can adjust the fingers on the clutch through the inspection hole and it might help but it's not fun.

Got the cub fixed and ready to work. The problem was the PTO collar was not slideing far enough on the driveshaft inside the transmission. Had to split the tractor at the transmission and reverse the bracket that holds the driveshaft at the transmission. That let the driveshaft go another .75 inch further into the transmission. Hope that makes sense. Installed cultivators and ready for garden 2015.

OK, I just took the shift lever assembly apart on a cub and everything looks fine. The shift lever would spin/turn around.
dunno.gif

The shift lever on a cub cadet doesn't turn around like that.
1a_scratchhead.gif

What am I missing?

Marty that is same as a cub cadet. There is a weld broke inside the cup the shifter goes through. Hope that makes sense.

Stud on inside of Trans housing cup us broken off and no longer engaging slot on shift lever cup. They wear through over time

Repair with 5/16" bolt as shown...

300005.jpg

300006.jpg

Weld bolt head on outside of housing...test fit several times before welding in place.....

300008.jpg

300009.jpg

Oh, and by the way....the broken stud i likely sitting in the bottom of the tranny.......go fishing with a magnet or pray it doesn't "take the stage again" for an encore

Steve,

Did that shifter come out of a cub?
This shifter has no stud. No notches for a stud either.

300022.jpg

300023.jpg

Late model Cub Cadet.

The only reason the notch is in it is to keep the lever pointed forward on the bent lever models.

On a straight shift like yours there would be no need for it, but then again it isn't an issue if the lever /knob spin on their axis either, as long as the cup with the shift pattern in installed correctly to guide it.

I don;t see any glaring issues with what you have pictured there, if all assembled correctly and the shift gates one the rails are in good shape there should be no issues.

Steve,

Thanks for your help.
The reason for the pin in the bent shaft levers, and none on the straight makes sense.
What would be more frequent to break, causing the tractor to not pull? The pto still works.
1a_scratchhead.gif

This cub belongs to my wife's uncle, so info is somewhat limited. He is 76 years young and not physically able to do much.

All gears, or just 1 of them????

Steve,

I'm guessing all of them.
I am going to try and go over there the next couple of days and find out some more info.

Back