• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

International cub - looking for info

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Hensley

1) Are these fenders original or something someone added?
2) is the mower deck supposed to attach to the implement lift handle or just float?
3) Are the lights original or added?

Looking to get the machine back in fighting shape, and make it pretty again. Plan to keep for personal use.

Serial number 14857

Attachments

• F2F6AAA3-9193-4488-A271-ABAB7A47018D.jpeg
    F2F6AAA3-9193-4488-A271-ABAB7A47018D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 95506024-3406-4E49-9702-3B119EFAAFA4.jpeg
    95506024-3406-4E49-9702-3B119EFAAFA4.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 782F4977-953C-4749-A985-16AFEBD9C4A2.jpeg
    782F4977-953C-4749-A985-16AFEBD9C4A2.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 40DBEF23-D489-4A2D-BF45-0B2CFB258C12.jpeg
    40DBEF23-D489-4A2D-BF45-0B2CFB258C12.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
It was built in August of 61.'
The headlights look similar to O lights, but are not mounted correctly.
Fenders, deck, rear rims, and seat are not original. Unusual setup on the front. Is that feeding a belt going to the deck?

Here are some pics of an O headlight that is new old stock, still in the original box. Notice it has not been painted yellow.

DSCF0850.JPG

DSCF0851.JPG

Yes. There is a lower pulley tied to the deck.

As set up currently, the deck is engaged at all times.

Is there a disengagable PTO normally on this machine?

By the way, welcome to the forum!
The correct deck has a "clutch pedal" on the right side of the deck that controls the operation.
You can go to the CC Manuals section and look at the O deck manual to see what a correct deck looks like.
You could also do a search on the word Original for info and pics. The search tab is in the upper right corner.
Take a look through the FAQ section also, to see a lot of info too. :bluethumbsup:

It looks like someone had a right angle gear box that they fabricated to the front. Like seen on a PTO driven brush hog. Not a bad idea actually. If it was on a Slide to disengage.

That's a dangerous setup... Your going to want to get the right deck or figure out a way to disengage the blades. From what I can tell, it's "always on"...
Yes, Im not sure the deck is even a Cub. I more a wheelhorse guy, but from what Ive seen no other cub decks are rounded like this one.

Which might explain why the configuration is so odd.

I bought the machine from the son of the original owner. And from my conversation with him, his father was a typical man of the era.

Whats that saying “use it up, make it do, wear it out, or do without”

Think he made do with what was available for the least cost possible.

The front wheels are almost completely bald, and the spindles or hub bushings, are so worn that front end has about 3 or 4 inch of sway.

CL Frankfort has an Original listed with (proper) deck for $450. I don't know if he'd deal on just the deck. Maybe it's time you start growing the herd . . .

Yes, Im not sure the deck is even a Cub. I more a wheelhorse guy, but from what Ive seen no other cub decks are rounded like this one.

Which might explain why the configuration is so odd.

I bought the machine from the son of the original owner. And from my conversation with him, his father was a typical man of the era.

Whats that saying “use it up, make it do, wear it out, or do without”

Think he made do with what was available for the least cost possible.

The front wheels are almost completely bald, and the spindles or hub bushings, are so worn that front end has about 3 or 4 inch of sway.
Yes, there's an abundance of them here in the armpit of PA.

I have a deck for that but shipping would be pretty high unless you have a trucker buddy or are traveling by...

CL Frankfort has an Original listed with (proper) deck for $450. I don't know if he'd deal on just the deck. Maybe it's time you start growing the herd . . .
Spent a goodly-few minutes scouring and re-souring the classifieds here looking for user; "CLFrankfort".
Yup... Sometimes I'm "that guy". Gonna check the cushions now for spare change and buy-a-clue.

Figured out *Craig's List* but then got distracted wondering if Craig knows or is related to; Angie?

Didn't mean to mislead you Todd. Their last names ARE the same...

Could you tell or post a close-up photo of the rear tire data, please.

I'm guessing those are 14 inch snow-tires? I dig 'em and would love to mimic that on my Original if they fit within the original... Original round fenders, that is. Might be the reason for your modified fender set-up.

LOVIN' those white-walls!
5ABE069A-026C-4A0B-BE8E-672331EDAA00_1_201_a.jpeg

D78-14

VERY old bias ply snow tires

That size was meant for a smaller car of the '70's such as an Aspen/Volare/Dart/Valiant.

I'm guessing those are 14 inch snow-tires? I dig 'em and would love to mimic that on my Original if they fit within the original... Original round fenders, that is. Might be the reason for your modified fender set-up.

View attachment 150984
I’ll go check

View attachment 150984
They are Goodyear Suburbanite - D78-14

Back