• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Inflation (price gouging) is out of control

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on his other auctions, he's either completely out of touch with what these items are going for, or he's just trying to take advantage of people that are too lazy or dumb to do any sort of comparison shopping.

Either way, that is not "inflation"...

Based on his other auctions, he's either completely out of touch with what these items are going for, or he's just trying to take advantage of people that are too lazy or dumb to do any sort of comparison shopping.

Either way, that is not "inflation"...
I agree that it is not what we consider the usual definition of inflation. Maybe an inflated ego, his work is worth 1000% more than anyone else's.

asking prices don’t set the market anyway, that’s the domain of selling prices of sufficient frequency to establish.

plenty of blokes out there don’t really wanna let something go, unless some naïve nelly comes along with a fortune to give for it.

free-market econ 101

I have seen sellers on eBay price items really high so no one will buy them. They usually are waiting on parts or something is not ready to sell just yet. This was so you would have a high search count, now it is not that big of a deal. now they reset every 60 days or something like that. I have his email address, I will ask him.

I looked and he has sold a few so maybe he is waiting in parts.

I just clicked on the link I posted. The price is down from $1200 to $260. I don't really care what his reasoning behind the original price and I am not going to try to over analyze the purpose of it. In the end (in my opinion) he did more damage than good to his reputation as a seller. Just thought it was and still is an interesting but ridiculous way to sell your product.

Ebay purges auctions from your selling box with available quantities of 0 after maybe 6 months tops. Its a huge pita to recreate a listing, find all the pictures, retype everything. it sucks. I usually only have time in the winter so my auctions are dormat all summer. Another ebay seller i saw had something at a rediculus price and i asked him about it. And that was his solutution to the problem. set the number high so nobody buys it till the point you have them in stock again. And it just sits on ebay and doesnt vanish.
Not sure this is the right move. I may consider adding some wording like "item not in stock" maybe

So no im not "price gouging" I just simply didnt have any ready to sell just yet.

Dave-

Thanks for setting the record straight. Unfortunately, Ebay, and Amazon, much like FB Marketplace, are much maligned by a majority here, so whatever rationale you present will not satisfy some.

Latest posts

Back