• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Industrial lasers

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just browsing tonight and saw your posts.. Along about 2004, I got really interested in the Plasmacam product, enough that I sent 'em 10 bucks for their videotape, joined forums dedicated to that type of product and started planning for a building (I did end up with the 14'x 40'x 46' barn). Things that really got me thinking seriously were material handling (4'x8' 1/4 plate is heavy!), storage and then the big kicker - plasma cutting is dirty, even with a good water table under the unit, skirting and ventilation, it still needs a space pretty much dedicated to that function. Note that I do have a good (Hypertherm) small plasma cutter and still use it when I'm fabbing things up, but in the end, I couldn't justify the 12 -14 grand startup and use of the barn space.

I did get a chance to straighten out a Tracker unit that a buddy of mine had bought with another business partner. The unit was replaced by a GE laser cutting system (cutting parts for restaurant furniture) and my friend ended up with it. I spent a lot of time getting the thing working - the PC was flaky and the table itself was pretty cheesy (IMHO !). Don listed it on E-Youknowwhat and it sold pretty quickly - I tried to get him to sell it without the 60 amp Hyperthem, but it all went as a package and honestly, I was glad to see it go - the low end stuff doesn't stand up to life in a welding environment (again IMHO)..

Back