• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Increase hole size on Lift Assembly Cam

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkhoffman

displayname
Tony Hoffman
I know you folks use a different name for this lift assembly on the Hydraulic Lift . Your vernacular escapes me. CubCadet 'Parts look-up' just call it a Lift Assembly.
On the Cam section of this assembly where you put the Lifting rod for the Plow I have two holes. One is about 1/2" and the other is greater than 5/8ths Not sure this is stock or not.
My lifting rod only fits in the Lower (5/8ths) hole. I would like to increase the Lift and drop of the plow, any reason not to open up the upper hole to give me this increased movement? there will be plenty of material left after the hole diameter increase.

here is a pic of my configuration.
292535.jpg

Is there clearance for the lift rod if you use the upper hole? If I recall that rod gets real close to the flare out of the frame, could possibly rub.

Brian Kattner

did you look at what I posted on Aarons site . I think that bracket could be bent out if clearance was a issue . Look at the 12 item down .

On my 1512 I bend the end of my lift rod and have no problems.

I use the upper hole and bent the loft rod to clear the frame. My lift rod is made out of 1/2" pipe with 1/2" round bar welded in the ends, so I didn't have to drill.....

Don,

I do know what you are referring to, and I guess tweaking it outward would work. I just wanted to mention that I'm pretty sure the clearance with my 5/8 lift rod was very close, and not sure the upper hole would have room.

I think Cub still sells a 5/8 lift rod with a bend in it although I do not know if it is for the newer, taller super steer tractors or if it's for the older 82 series. I think it was a little pricey too but maybe someone here has one and an give us some info (the length) on it. I know my older 5/8 rod is very nearly straight.

Brian Kattner

Ever since my last Microsoft up date it seems I can down load pictures from my camera. The only way is to take them with my cell phone and wifi email them to my shop and the transfer them to a file ; then I can resize to post .On my 82 series 1512 it is the engine side cover that you will contact with the lift rod. so I bend my rod down and out to go under the side engine cover . I get an easy 8" I would say . plenty with the blade .

Brian

I will post a picture of my set up in the am.

Don- do you use Aaron's lift arm extension? I can't really check my set up now, I put a thrower on my 782 and the plow on my 86, so I swapped over to the older 1/2 rod and lift bracket. I still have the 82 series rod & bracket here though. I don't recall having much lift with it when I ran it last year on the 782 though.

No and you won`t using the two holes . I made up this bracket that I could adjust . just to give you some ides here is a picture I found.

292549.jpg

My 5/8 rod does have a bend in it. With the plow lifted high on 2x4's and holding the rod High, it looks like it will clear the frame and side Metal.
I will look at Aarons site. I didn't think of adding to the plow assembly to accomplish the same.

Ahh LIFT BRACKET EXTENDER. yeah I was thinking of doing an add on to the Lift Ear if I still wasn't happy with the upper hole. Leaving a Knee Action for better 'float' is a good idea. I should be able to make one of these very easily.
Getting another 5/8th piece of rod and modifying is a walk in the park as well.

Back