• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

I'm ready for the SNOWpocalipse!!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Fetters

IHCC Supporter
Just got my girls service and ready for another U.P. winter. Tomorrow I'll get the walk behind done and hopefully get the blower and blade on the lo-boy. Then I'll be done and waiting on flakes to fall!
20211109_200139.jpg

Looks like you’re “loaded for bear” when it comes to snow removal. Usually here in central Indiana, we’re lucky if the ground gets covered.
Good looking equipment…enjoy!

Last year, at least we got a decent snow. I was able to get out and plow a couple times….. and go out and play in the truck….. LOL

Looks like you’re “loaded for bear” when it comes to snow removal. Usually here in central Indiana, we’re lucky if the ground gets covered.
Good looking equipment…enjoy!
I grew up in north east Indiana, 20 mile north of Fort Wayne, and know all about waiting on snow that never comes there! That's the reason my bride and I moved up here. We both love winter! It does get old come April, and more commonly than I want to admit, May, that we are still blowing snow when everyone else is showing off there freshly cut yards with beautiful stripes!

My snow removal equipment is a "Fleet of ONE", The FARMALL Super H and loader mounted blade cleared things back in 2007/2008, with 101.4 inches total snowfall. I pushed up piles over ten feet tall. I've back-dragged blown in snow 3-4 feet deep snow I walked on top of like it was concrete. It was blown in tight to my 20 ft garage door. The nastiest storm was about 1998, We had 3-4 inches of snow, got cold, then warm for an afternoon, then cold again so there was a really slick hard surface that we got a fresh 4-5 inches of snow on and it blew out of the corn field across the road and drifted the road ditch to ditch as much as 5 feet deep some places. I called into work, was about a 70 mile commute, I probably could have made it but the road in front of my house was the problem. I kept a lane clear till about noon, the more I plowed the worse it drifted. We had a stranded motorist from about 7 AM, Son and I towed about 10-12 cars/trucks that day. Our St Bernard dog was LOVING IT! He was walking on top of the drifts. I pushed my way up towards the lady's stuck car, She did a great job, clear down off the shoulder of the road. I'm trying to push snow further down the road and maybe try to back into the ditch and pull the car, I look down the road the other way and this great white wave of snow off the blade on a county plow truck is coming at my 30+/- mph, and I'm in the middle of the road. He stops about 5 ft from me, I saw visions of my little 6000# FARMALL scattered all over but thankfully no wreck. I can't back up thru his snowbank, can't go forward, the county truck clears most of his snowbank and I can back up past him and out of his way. He goes off down the road. SON and I eventually get the lady's car out. I made close to $100 pulling people out of the drifts, only the guy in the Cadillac negotiated his tow to a no charge. Quite the jerk. I just wanted him gone. The road a mile south was perfectly clear dry blacktop. We've had snow fence every year across the road since then, but nothing yet this year. I did have the County Highway Superintendant's name and # a couple years ago. I think that was the year I found our mailbox about 20 feet up into the corn field.

Just got my girls service and ready for another U.P. winter. Tomorrow I'll get the walk behind done and hopefully get the blower and blade on the lo-boy. Then I'll be done and waiting on flakes to fall!View attachment 146418
I'm not as equipped as you Jay but...I've got what I've got and she's ready to rock,the ol girl has never let me down!
1112211609b_Film1.jpg

In the picture with the tractor sitting in the grass the bottom edge of the blade is not in the full down position. I’ve added hydraulics to operate the the blade lift and it is in a slightly raised position.
I have a concrete driveway so I adjust the skid plates to keep the cutting edge 1/8” - 1/4” off the driveway. Also l have a piece of belting sandwiched between the blade and the cutting edge that rides on the driveway as a wiper.
Not sure if this is the answer to your question, let me if not.

Back