• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

I'm in need of a set of 26x12x12 tires

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oak

Thanks for that link Matt! I go to NE in a few weeks, and I can go right through Lincoln.

Thanks Matt, that’s a great price but shipping is $106 and makes it a deal killer. I sure wish I had one of those near me. Thanks for posting that.

Check your local tire dealers. Most of them can order the Tru-Powers for you at a real good price without paying the high cost of shipping. :bluethumbsup:

Just bought a set of 26x12x12 off Amazon 108 each free shipping Local tire shop charged 10 each to mount , takes them 20 minutes maybe to mount them both, Took me half the day to mount one of the front tires I got for it last year, So I'm good with the extra 20 to get them mounted.

Attachments

• 20220401_160704.jpg
    20220401_160704.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 39
Just bought a set of 26x12x12 off Amazon 108 each free shipping Local tire shop charged 10 each to mount , takes them 20 minutes maybe to mount them both, Took me half the day to mount one of the front tires I got for it last year, So I'm good with the extra 20 to get them mounted.

There is no comparison between mounting front tires and rear tires. You could have mounted your rear tires in about 20 minutes yourself. As for fronts, well it could be 20 hours. They can be really tough.

Like Harry said, rears ain't bad but those fronts....oh, many, many profanities were muttered before a full onslaught of screaming curses were made the day I put one....yes ONE front tire on my 100. 🤣

Yeah me too. Put tubes in one rear and one front last year and tho I am stubborn and like to do it all myself, next time I’m taking them to a tire shop. I’ve done plenty of motorcycle tires and tubes but it was a real challenge on that front wheel.

Oh, come on guys. It isn't all that bad.
Put some cardboard down, lay the rim face down, put some dishwashing liquid on the center of the tire, and slide that skin on the rim with a couple of flat screwdrivers.

Yes, tubes make it more difficult. With some patience and being extra careful, it can be done fairly easy. The key is patience! :bluethumbsup:

Geez, I didn't hear/see anyone provide the tricks you use. Marty mentioned using a couple of flat screw drivers. Well, been there done that got the T-shirt to prove it AND skinned knuckles to boot.

Alot depends on the tires themselves. If it's a 2-ply rating it will be more flexible. 4-ply can be pretty stiff.

Ya, if you're throwing away the old one you can just cut it off with a sawzall or hack saw, or similar. For me, most of the time I was removing the tire to clean up the wheels and paint them, and then reinstalling the same tire or some other used ones.

I don't recommend doing this in the winter or cold temps. And I don't like the idea of soaking the tire in hot water since you can never really dry the tire on the inside - I didn't want any water around the new paint.

I used a big ole flat screw driver with an 18" handle, and a flat spoon like tool similar to what you see at tire shops. I think I got removal time down to about 1-2 hours along with thousands of cuss words.

Re-installation on a nice painted up rim without damaging the paint probably took 1-2hr x 2 or 3. Leaving it sit a few times, switching to starting and doing the other one, etc. I did get it done, but it takes a lot more patience than Marty implies, and some touch-up painting.

Back