• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IHCC 127 electrical. Dumber than I look

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bcarl

The purple and orange wires are both for lights, they are run from tower.

I'm pretty sure I have the ammeter wired backwards

Will look at it tonight

I’m not sure on a starter/generator but I would start and before starting I would connect my meter elect fluke meter to the battery and read it before and during the run to make sure what is going on SIR !!!

The saga continues

This weekend I took the time to do some tinkering on the 100 and 127

Did some fuel linkage work on the 100, the set screw had slipped and I was only getting about half throttle

Pulled the 127 around to the work area, let it sit for an hour or so. My teenage daughter comes around and asks if she can drive the 127. I say, "Sure, sounds like a good idea."

I turn the key for the ignition and the S/G gives 2 weak turns and stops. "Hmm, maybe the battery has worn down" (the battery is less than a month old)

I bring the 100 over to jump the battery. The 100 fired up like this is it purpose for existence. Hooked it up the the 127, still a couple weak turns of the S/G and it stops.

"Must not be enough juice in the 100 for both machines. " Why do these things happen especially when there are witnesses

I bring the SUV over for "More Power". Same result

So after my teenager lost interest I started researching how to rebuild the S/G

Again, learning way more than I had hoped. Now it's a race between the shipper and the snow storm and my ability to follow instructions to get the S/G working and have the 127 winter ready

I'm fortunate with how good the weather has been. This time last year we had 6+ inches already. A couple years before that it was a high of 11. This year the kids might actually be able to wear costumes, not just masks and snow suits for Halloween

Quick update on the IHCC127

I ended up sourcing a new S/G. Got the thing installed and it works great!

It's amazingly annoying how fixing the root of the problem clears up all the symptoms 🤦‍♂️

So the current root, I hope, that I'm pulling on is the PTO

I'll give more information on that tonight, got to use the blade on the 100 for some light sidewalk work this morning

When I mounted the snowblower on the 127 last winter it seemed to struggle with the blowing of the snow. I greased everything I could and coated the inside surfaces with graphite paint hoping that would resolve the issue

To my extreme consternation when I had a chance to try the blower on a real 6+ inches of powder the thing barely filled the shoot before giving up. So those who have real experience have most likely diagnosed my real problem. The PTO is so loose I can turn it by hand when it's "engaged".

I am again learning so much more about these tractors than I ever thought I would. I have been able to pull the PTO off the 100 and nearly have it installed. It passed the testing I was able to conduct, hopefully I am pleasantly surprised with how well everything works when it's all c assembled

Back