• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Self Propelled Push Mower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbessel

displayname
Kurt Bessel
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. I joined this site just so I could ask you guys.

I bought an IH (Cub?) self propelled walk behind lawnmower today. It's a model 3332. The engine is decent enough, and restorable, but the cast aluminum or possibly magnesium deck has a few holes. I'd like to restore the machine to its like-new glory, but I think I'd like a new deck. Any ideas where to pursue one?

I've restored big tractors but never a lawnmower...

Shoot us a pic of what style you have. If memory serves me right, they have 4 styles of decks for those Lawnboy conversions over the years.

Kurt,

Welcome to the forum!!!
wave.gif
WELCOME.gif

When you do the restoration, start a thread in the Refurbish and Restoration section so we can follow along with your progress.
thumbsup.gif

You can show us what all you did, and give tips on how you did it.

Here is a picture. The model per the serial tag is 3332R. I found manuals available online and even the parts schematic on cub's website, where it's called a 3332.

I imagine there's someone somewhere who has a bunch of these around. It's a matter of finding them!!

320416.jpg

Kurt,
I used to have one, but I think someone on here bought it. Good luck!
320431.jpg

320432.jpg

Kurt, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Here's a photo and some info from a brochure from 1976.

320435.jpg

320436.jpg

A friend of mine collects Lawn Boy mowers (and a bunch of other Lawn Boy products). He has one of about every model made including the yellow and white ones made up for International Harvester. Of interesting note, he has serial number #1 and #2 of the IH ones. Let me know what model Lawn Boy you have and by chance he may have a deck.

Latest posts

Back