• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Refrigerators

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdehli

displayname
Rob Dehli
Just wondering if anyone knows any info about IH fridges...I got one was built in 1955 works great but would like to know more about the settings thnx in advance

Rob

Did you ever notice the refrigerator in the "Friends" series??
249660.jpg

I do not think my fridge takes that much energy... except for last summer when my shop was not below 85 degrees from june thru sept... otherwise my electric bill is 100-110 per month its been like that for 10 years... are there any old owners manuals floating around? would like a copy or pdf of one for my collection

was also thinkin about repainting mine next summer ... how about ih 935 white...????? or ih red too...

thanks much

TOM - All I see in that pic is Courtney!

ROB - Guy on the RPM forum posted a pic of his IH fridge painted 2150 red within the last month to six weeks. Looked really sharp!

About 12-13 yrs ago SON was working at a large chain of TV & appliance stores, back in the warehouse picking & loading stuff and loading/unloading their semi-trucks. One Sunaday afternoon he called and just told me, "Come over here to my work... bring your truck!" Somebody had traded-in a 1954 or '55 vintage IH fridge on a new one. Took both of us to load & unload the fridge. It had spent WAY too many years in a hay barn but I suspect some dairy farmer kept his vaccines for his cows & calves in it for many many years... and maybe some cold sodas and a beer or two. I clipped the wires to the compressor motor so it didn't work but left the interior light working, rearranged the shelves & drawers a bit and it makes a GREAT oil & filter storage cabinet. And the price was right! FREE!

Like most things IH built, I suspect the compressor would have started right up and cooled the fridge off but the door gasket crumbles when touched so it would have cost Hundreds of Dollars to run every year. I didn't feel like looking for a new door gasket for a brand of fridge only built a few years 50 yrs ago.

Rob do you have any pics of your fridge? And definently IH935 White,,,I have two of them.

Although Courtney STILL isn't hard to look at, take a look at the fridge's front on what looks like a woden bar and you will see the "International Harvester" script logo and just above that is the round IH logo. It looks like there is a pencil on a string covering it. I KNOW it's a IH, I remark anout it all the time I see it on TV. Watch a show or two next time it's on.

249664.jpg

249665.jpg

I got this from the local junior high school it was in the custodians office for many years when I got it the gasket was toast so I called the local appliance repair gut he gave me a new gasket and the rest is history... it has been working in the garage for over 8 years now ... just a great 2nd fridge...but it might be time to look for a bigger spare fridge...

That sure looks like the same model as the "Friends" fridge minud the wood app..

Here's a neat little video someone from the RPM forum put up yesterday about IH refridgeration equip. Right around the 4:00 minute mark the big chest type freezer shown is just like the one my folks had for 25-30 yrs. They sold it about 35 yrs ago and bought a new one, but I bet the old IH freezer is still running somewhere and the new one they bought died years ago.
http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76172

I saw the two fridgerators that I have around the 3:30 time

Neat stuff we found in a desk that we purchased from an estate in MN last week.
The frezer is still there and working, believd to be a model 11-FCand was sold 2 Feb 1948 and could be bought I believe.

Do we dare discuss this kind of IH stuff on the main forum??

288492.jpg

I would stay away from the main page unless you sneak it in with cub talk, I just saw a freezer for sale in madison,wi

Grandmother still has working freezer and fridge at 4:56 and 5:15........I grew up on one similar to the models in between 3:30 and 4:00 min mark.........great memories of ice cream bars from Grandma's freeze after bailing hay!!!!

Back