• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Farmall 400

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres the deal I am going to pull a hay wagon with about 80 small sqaures on it home tommorrow.
I plan on using my IH400 and it is 7 mile round trip on paved road with 3 good size hills to climb. I have not done this before so a few tips are welcome.

I may need the TA on inclines with the wagon behind
dunno.gif

No issues, once it's rolling DD 5th will be no issue........as said below, make sure it will stop it and NEVER use the TA like a brake, it will free wheel!

How did your first 400 load go?

I pulled up with my pickup to secure the load and decided just to pull the wagon home with that seeing as I had more breaking power. The bales were 50 to 55 pounders and all the weight made me not want to push the 400 brakes.

I did get to pull a pto driven conditioner around over 5 acres and it worked great.

Nobody meant to imply you should be scared of stopping a load with 400 brakes, just make sure you test them at lower speeds before ripping up to an intersection at 15 mph and finding out too late that they aren't up to the task or need adjustment. Careful throttle work on the way into the intersection will avoid 90 % of braking anyway....

Steve I really did want to use the 400 but the truck was there and my cup of coffee was still hot on the center console.
happy.gif

I did test the brakes when buying it and they seemed to hold strong, so I may try it next time.

Had "Rusty" out warming up today, and saw some frost on the pumpkin,,lol

300141.jpg

I have been starting my 400 once a week, how long should I let him run? whats your opinions?

I once heard thirty minutes of engine run time on a collector car show for stored vehicles

Jeff,
How's the old 400 treating ya? Got to use her for any "work" yet around the farm?
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back