• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Farmall 400

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
It's official I shook hands on a IH400 with live pto and hydraulics. It will be delivered tommorow morning. I will post pictures then.

Does anyone know of a free site to download a operator/owners manual?

Congrats Jeff! 400's are nice tractors. Live hydraulics and PTO. Does it have power steering and/or a fast hitch? Dad has a 400 and 450, both diesels. They are handy tractors IMHO. Can't wait to see some pics!

It does have live hydraulics although I saved some cash by having him remove&plug the leaking hoses and I will replace later. No powere steering but I did have him swap the narrow front end to a wide front that I prefer.

It had a fast hitch but I wanted a standard draw bar so he swithched that and knocked off a few bucks. I also had him trim 3 inches off the stack so it will fit in the barn.

He is in his original working cloths.

Congratulations on the purchase, Jeff. I can't wait to see the pics.
greenthumb.gif

That is a sweet machine Jeff! I too, can't wait to see the pics!

I am happy to report my tractor arrived,
Here is my first set of pics and info. It was found in a barn with a bunch of JDs and bought in a lot with the JDs then the 400 was sold to the guy I bought it from.

298719.jpg

298720.jpg

298721.jpg

298722.jpg

298723.jpg

Now for an extra treat, the engine is a 281 from a 450
298728.jpg

298729.jpg

and a little cub relation

298730.jpg

Jeff,
Nice looking 400 in her work clothes. That's the way to find them IMHO. That will be a nice haying tractor. Congrats! I know you've been looking for the right tractor for awhile. Bet you're happy with the new toy.
ihrotate.gif

You may have purchased the tractor to fit the task, but it seems to suit you as well. Fine lot of pictures --thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

Large and in charge, you seem, says Yoda.

Jeff, congratulations on the new tractor. Nice find! Are you going to keep the rear wheels set narrow or swap them around for a wider stance?

Kraig, i'll leave them narrow for now due to space limitations, Still have a few cubs that will not be leaving Bakers Acres

What kind of air pressure do you guys run in the rear tires

Jeff B.
That's a loaded question, LOL

A rule of thumb I always used on 12-38's was 16 to 20 pounds.
I'm runnin 14 on the 1466 in the rears and 20 on the 250A in the summer and drop back to 14 in winter.
And the fronts 26 to 30 pounds, depending on how good the tires are.

You gotta see what they look like to see what pressure is good for the tractor/tire. What works for one tractor doesn't do well for another the same model IMHO.

If your tires are like Charlie's, you put 30lbs in them now because you know they'll "settle in" at around 10lbs by the time you use them next.
biggrin.gif

Jeff B. Nice choice and great looking tractor.
298924.gif
Our in town dealer has two 400s and wants way more than I can afford.

Latest posts

Back