• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet 107 "build"

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep your eyes open for original 26 pound IH wheel weights; about $150 for a pair. I have one inside and two outside each rear wheel.
Definitely, I will be posting in the wanted section of this site, and setting up a CL saved search alert. I am thinking of getting or making my own in case I don't find any by snowfall.

some pics:

taking her home. trailer was rear-heavy which made me nervous, but i took it slow and it worked out. going to modify the fenders a bit and should be able to haul it with the mower deck off no problem.
IMG_20191028_174021.jpg

home sweet home.
IMG_20191028_190041.jpg

some loose parts in the cargo box under the seat. any idea what these parts are for? I was thinking the yellow plate might be something that goes along/around the driveline based on the rounded notch.
IMG_20191028_190137.jpg

beefy rear end with the ATV tires. one of the previous owners' sons apparently backed into a tree, causing the unfortunate damage on the left rear end. it still clears the tires, but just barely.
IMG_20191028_190058.jpg

tearing it down
IMG_20191029_233055.jpg

pile 'o parts. mower deck needs some welding done, and i will probably use it for testing of the rattle cans i picked up (more on that in another post).
IMG_20191029_233100.jpg

I'll post some pics of the plow in a bit
I've got a 149 also. Do yourself a favor, replace the axel seals since you have the rear wheels off.

The U shaped part with the eyes is a belt guide for a tiller. It keeps the belt from hitting the underside of the tractor. It's a long run from the front of the tractor to the rear right angle tiller gearbox and the belt gets a little whippy. I think it bolts to the front of the trans using existing bolts but it's been about 30 years since I put one on so I might be wrong.
Edit- Matt types faster than me

Here's where the belt guard mounts.

CubTillerNo2_15a.jpg

Rear heavy trailer? Check this one out! Don went from Nova Scotia to Maryland to get this tractor and stopped in Pennsylvania to get an engine that happened not to be there but they loaded 2 mower decks on the little bit of trailer that was available. Drove from there to here and then back to Nova Scotia the next day. <3

Attachments

• Don T Dedication.jpg
    Don T Dedication.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 319
Rear heavy trailer? Check this one out! Don went from Nova Scotia to Maryland to get this tractor and stopped in Pennsylvania to get an engine that happened not to be there but they loaded 2 mower decks on the little bit of trailer that was available. Drove from there to here and then back to Nova Scotia the next day. <3
Whoa, what a trip! I was driving across town in rush hour traffic so I took it easy in the right lane. I drive a 2 door Jeep Wrangler, so it can get a little squirrely when windy with the trailer sometimes but it handled very well with the tractor. Now that I have swapped the ATV wheels/tires for some more stock-like sized wheels/tires it should fit in the trailer better. You might not be able to tell in the picture I posted of the Cub in the trailer, but it actually hung out over the sides of my trailer which has fixed 5" metal sides so I bolted some 4x4s and 2x4s inside for the tractor to sit on. Worked well, but I'm happy to find that it should fit inside the fixed edges now, and without the mower deck on I should be able to drive it all the way forward on the trailer (or as far as I want).

I've got a 149 also. Do yourself a favor, replace the axel seals since you have the rear wheels off.
Of course I already put the wheels back on already! Lol. I'm sure I'll have them off again soon as I tinker and inspect/lubricate everything prepping for winter.

Are you planning to repaint using rattle cans? I need to paint mine, but not sure you can get even coverage using cans?

Are you planning to repaint using rattle cans? I need to paint mine, but not sure you can get even coverage using cans?
I am planning to test the Rust-Oleum on some parts that in going to fab, and if it goes well I will pick up some CC brand stuff from the Case/IH dealer if I decide to paint any original parts.

Back