• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub 129 sloppy forward and reverse and like to run people over

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellis

displayname
Brandon Ellis
I dont know what rilly going on but I know I am done putting money into have had it for all most 4 years used it 2 times and both times something brock on it or was falling of I see now why the guy I got it from parted it for over 10 years lol I hope i can get this figered out before it go's back out into the sideline for a nother 10 + years I have not done anything to it for 2 years and I figer its time to try and fix it I will hate to sell it cuz all the time and money I have in it but if i have to I will any tip will be nice thanks

WELCOME! Not sure exactly what your video was supposed to show... If the lever moves too easily, there is a friction adjustment for that. Here's a link to the Service Manual that covers the 129. Starting on page 78 (page 2-55 of the actual document) of the linked file is where the information on the hydro control starts. Please note that there was a change to this so make sure to refer to the section that pertains to the serial number of your 129.

Your video didn't show detail around the trunion slot, that's the slot where the spring is. That slot wears out and can cause issues with the hydro control. If it's worn it can be welded up. Here's a link to the FAQ on how to repair the trunion.

My 149 had same problem. The welding around the springs idea worked. I also found much wear on all of the moving parts. All parts are available from the advertisers on this site. Not all that expensive either.

Back