• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH chipper

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had one similar.. it's really more like a "shredder" than a "chipper" . worked great on leaf pile reduction! And you'll definitely need hearing protection!

Some also had the ability to reverse the cutters ( each end has a cutting edge ) but after reversing to use the other end, the shafts and cutters needed replacement.
At lunch I looked and there is a hole at each end of the cutter...so they are reversible

Robert,
They probably have four cutting edges then. You can swap top for bottom using the same hole, and then you can switch to the other end, and use both of those edges. The hammers might outlive you. I expect mine to outlive me on my Mighty Mac. I will be switching to their second edge hopefully before fall gets into full swing.

Great score Form your neighbor! My neighbors just show up wanting to use my swimming pool...

Let me tell you about blind luck! The3horse has a 5/8 shaft,the 4horse 3/4. I take the centrifugal clutch off and its stepped down with bushings from 1" . So I take out 1 bushing and whamie.3/4 inch!!!

Got the recoil back on and everything works great. Took a video of it working but couldn't get it to send
0803211807_Film1.jpg
0803211807a_Film1.jpg

Robert I was thinking of putting together a composter. I was wondering how long the pallet will last ? A couple of seasons ?

If you get good quality hardwood pallets they should last.
Why not use a couple wire cattle or hog panels cut 4' x 4.'

They also make awesome tomato cages when placed 10" or so apart in rows supported by Tee posts. Cattle panels work best for that because the squares are large enough so you can get your hands in them to pick.
Also, cord are easy to pass between them as to support vines wherever needed.
Been doing this for years now.

Last edited:
Dave is right about the good pallets. I'm going on 3yrs with these and have only so far come across 1 board deteriorating,I'll just nail a new one in its place. The whole thing works out great
1003210906_Film1.jpg
1003210906a_Film1.jpg

Hi Robert, can someone take and post a few pictures of what the cutting disk/blades look like please, I downloaded the "manual" from the CC manuals folder (very useful link that one) and it shows a series of hardened steel cutting blades/hammers.

I think this looks like a project I could use given what the product looks like . Nice composting enclosures and good thinking to make them like that, particularly when a CC is involved in filling the space

Back