• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Parts Wanted IH cadet 60 fuel tank needed

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srumble

displayname
Stephen Rumble
Does anyone have a good usable fuel tank for a IH cadet 60 rear engine rider? I would be willing to pay shipping and a fair price for one. Thanks!

I don't but good luck. I had 4 complete V60 Tecumseh engines and found one usable tank. Even then I used 2 small in-line fuel filters. They have 2 problems. The double reservoir insures that one side is always lower and that is where the water sits and rusts. The other problem is with the integral mount on the cylinder head. When you torque the head it stresses the seam and starts a leak. I am going to try to braze or silver solder next time for that problem. Unfortunately the leak happened after I was proud of my self for rigging the tank on a slow rotational motor full of screws nuts and bolts. It did a great job removing all the rust from inside - then I couldn't stop the leak and #%^^&*$. Jim will be by soon to cuss Tecumseh engines! Beginning to agree!

I came very close to replying last night that you should check with the Bathtub King of Shell Knob (John), and to report that I have never gotten along with a Tecumseh, but I switched to a zero turn thread of all things instead (I know almost nothing about ZTs).

Is the tank and the recoil start housing combined? That would be tough to find, but maybe not impossible.

Any idea what other things may have had the same blower housing BKoSK?

I looked a little for one and sent out a message on a vintage tecumseh Facebook group- I think it is unique to the V60. Most of the Tecumseh guys are into the horizontal (H) models for vintage mini bikes.

Here's a pic

Attachments

• 20220406_093929.jpg
    20220406_093929.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
I’ve never had much luck finding gas caps unless I go to the mfr. I think they all try to make them proprietary threads. At least I know to shop Digger first for my 782 gas cap.

Marty has a point, but what’s the fun in finding another almost whole 60 when the O.P. already has one almost whole 60. There must be some with blown up cams that still have decent tanks...?

Drive reverse off of the camshaft...I still can’t get over that one. Tecumseh! or would that be IH!

it's a Tecumseh thing jim. some machines like snow blowers used it like a rev turning pto .crank turns one way the camshaft turns the other at half speed

Man, that looks a whole lot like a Snapper riding mower! Except for the seat and shifter.

I’ve never had much luck finding gas caps unless I go to the mfr. I think they all try to make them proprietary threads. At least I know to shop Digger first for my 782 gas cap.

Marty has a point, but what’s the fun in finding another almost whole 60 when the O.P. already has one almost whole 60. There must be some with blown up cams that still have decent tanks...?

Drive reverse off of the camshaft...I still can’t get over that one. Tecumseh! or would that be IH!
I have a Troy-Bilt Pony rototiller that has a Briggs-powered motor that uses the cam for the reverse also. Neither the MTD/Troy-bilt sites nor Briggs themselves show any such configuration. Can't even get an oil seal for the thing!

You should be able to get the model numbers off the engine, usually stamped in the blower housing use them to find your part.

M Hales if you have the Model and type numbers The Briggs Website has the parts diagrams and list.
A bit hard to find but did the same thing a few months ago on a Bolens tiller that uses the cam drive for reverse.
My local dealer couldn't find it bout was able to order when I took them the part number.

Michael, the oil seal is probably just a standard CR seal (Chicago Rawhide-they used to be made of rawhide) . You may be able to shop for it by the shaft diameter, and seal bore in any oil seal line.

Back