• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Ignition condenser.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I am parting a 2001 Cub 2206, primarily for the engine. Overall, the thing is a cheap pile. It just feels cheap just about everywhere. It does have a steel hood, grille, and side panels though! LOL

I agree. I am parting a 2001 Cub 2206, primarily for the engine. Overall, the thing is a cheap pile. It just feels cheap just about everywhere. It does have a steel hood, grille, and side panels though! LOL
It's a shame the the Cub Cadet brand was disgraced that way .
The dollar bill was all that matters to these big companies.

Yeah when MTD took over the Cub Cadet line it was down the tube from there .
The newer Cubs are not built nothing like the old International Harvester Cubs. Might as well purchase a Murry or Snapper that's the quality you're gonna get with a newer Cub .
The 2014 Cub Cadet TANK LZ54 zero turn I bought April of 2014 has held up really well. I do have an idler pulley on the deck chirping at me the last half of last summer with 250 hours on the machine. No broken belts, replaced the primary air filter 3 times in 6 years, oil & filter change before the first mow every spring. Even the small-ish 12V motorcycle battery is original. The 27 hp Kawasaki engine just runs and runs, the Eaton hydraulics are as good as it gets. Heavy fabricated deck shows no signs of giving up. It's every bit as good as any of my vintage Cub Cadet tractors have been, and BY FAR better than the B48G Onan under the hood of the 982. When I was shopping back in 2014 I was surprised the TANK actually weighs more than the 982!

The 2014 Cub Cadet TANK LZ54 zero turn I bought April of 2014 has held up really well. I do have an idler pulley on the deck chirping at me the last half of last summer with 250 hours on the machine. No broken belts, replaced the primary air filter 3 times in 6 years, oil & filter change before the first mow every spring. Even the small-ish 12V motorcycle battery is original. The 27 hp Kawasaki engine just runs and runs, the Eaton hydraulics are as good as it gets. Heavy fabricated deck shows no signs of giving up. It's every bit as good as any of my vintage Cub Cadet tractors have been, and BY FAR better than the B48G Onan under the hood of the 982. When I was shopping back in 2014 I was surprised the TANK actually weighs more than the 982!

I have to agree with Denny on this one.

I have a 2020 ULTIMA ZT1 54” CUb Zero Turn. This year will be the 4th season that I have used it. In the last 3 seasons, I have fed it gas, and done the routine maintenance. I hop on it, hit the key and go mow. It has the 534 inch heavy fabricated deck, and a 25 horse Kohler V Twin….

Back