• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

I scored a nice IH lapel pin at auction. Any ideas how these were acquired originally?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkoenig

In Remembrance 2023
displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
As the title says, I won a gold IH lapel pin with a blue stone in the dot over the I. Does anyone here know how or why these were awarded? Could they have been for executives, or for years of service, or? I don’t wear lapels very often, so it is now a hat pin in a hat that needs replacing.

E069F244-0B58-4224-9ACC-5D3B8C7C73E9.jpeg

As the title says, I won a gold IH lapel pin with a blue stone in the dot over the I. Does anyone here know how or why these were awarded? Could they have been for executives, or for years of service, or? I don’t wear lapels very often, so it is now a hat pin in a hat that needs replacing.

View attachment 145751
It's an IH 35 year Service pin.
1632109200832.png

1632109327454.png

Thanks Digger.

It is a Service Pin but it's also from the IH Truck Division not the Agricultural Equipment Division of International Harvester :).

Interesting. Thanks Steve.

They would also send lapel pins, money clips, key chains as well as other thing in stock order from time to time. Received many that way and would pass them on to good customers.

Thanks for letting me know that Paul.

I have to add that the IH logo is one of the best ever. So simple, but still so descriptive-of the AG division anyway.

It looks like it might be. I wonder if Steve, Paul, or Digger could fill us in? Or I could go try to cut glass with it...

Thanks Digger, again.
...now I feel too fancy wearing it.

Last edited:
Might I have an auction problem if my auctions won page is almost as long as my auctions watched page?

Tonight I won a laptop to be dedicated for auto diagnostic software, and a vintage Stewart Warner contact tachometer that should come in handy for Cub Cadets, and my work.

Between the two Quad-City plants I had a total of about 5 years service with IH between the two plants. I was SO SO far from any kind of service award, even after my last IH lay-off I still did work for FARMALL, hauling "STUFF" IN-BOUND, One afternoon running a skid of sample parts from FARMALL to IH Hinsdale for testing. The best one was the afternoon I ran all over Chicago getting piggy-back rail trailers unloaded and turned back in.
Then had to run out west on I-90 to Belvideer and pick up boxes of special parts from two different machine shops and deliver them to the Night Superintendent at FARMALL. I couldn't do stuff like that when I was salaried in Material Scheduling at Farmall.
The day before the last day of the BIG strike of '79 &'80 I interviewed to be a supervisor for the tire dock, cab dock, and maybe the motor dock. BUT THE assistant Plant manager thought I was more valuable to IH and FARMALL ordering tires wheels and rims. I had a lot of parts that I turned inventory over 300 times a year, which means I never had over 4 or 5 hours supply of parts in house. Yep, I was WAY far away from a 30 year pin.

I got hooked up with the SiL of a long time Quad Cities IH employee. The SiL was disposing of all the estate stuff. I got a full set of those pins.

Back