• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

I have to take the motor

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please dont just shoot me, but am seeing a lot about a knock in the old single Kohlers. do you really have an issue or is it just the Kohler knock? an old warranty rep years ago said to widen the gap on the plug, if it starts going away, you can either leave it there or bring it back. if you have the widen gap, you will loose some power. just a thought.

My experience with the so-called Kohler knock, was to either adjust the points gap (don't remember if larger or smaller gap) or the knock came from the front pto when it was not in use. The fix was to put the dumb little springs in (that never stayed in for me) or the best fix I discovered was to fill in the gaps between the clutch plate and clutch basket with automotive urethane windshield glue.

Back