• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

I have a Cub Cadet sltx1054vt and it will not move when

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgood

displayname
Kevin Good
warm . belts all good and motor runs fine . So it must be in the pump ? Is there an exploded view of whats in the pump or diffy ? Have it out on the bench now and would like a pic to see what s what . TIA .

Kevin G.
Click the Parts Lookup button above,
Enter in sltx1054vt for the model number and pick what engine you have and it will have what your looking for, I hope, LOL
You might even have to find the part number for the pump and look it up separately.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Seems there's quite a few engines for that model.
Engine 44P777-0765-B1 1
Engine 44P777-0765-B1 2
Engine 44P777-0765-B1 3
Engine 44P777-0765-B1 4
Engine 44P777-0765-B1 5
Engine 44P777-0765-B1 6
Engine 44P777-0765-B1 7

Kevin G. Your posts are extremely confusing. Just what are you wanting us to diagnose for you? Yours is a transaxle\i {system. What exactly is your system doing or not doing? How many hours is on the tractor? What exactly do you use the tractor for? Do you pull heavy loads... I.e. a big lawn roller?

Yours is also a lawn tractor. They are not built to handle heavy pulling no matter how big the engine is.

Tell you what... Should you provide us with some detailed information about the tractor's work history then perhaps we can help you. Otherwise it is like me providing you with this type of a question...

My 1968 125 Cub Cadet currently isn't running. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. See what I mean.
happy.gif

off to work be safe everyone... have fun and catch y'all later.}

It has 125 hours on it , just bought it about 10 hours ago , mowing only it's entire life , was fine , now will only move when cold , as it warms up it gets slower till it will not move . Takes about 15 minutes till it's not moving . Belts are new and the motor runs fine at all rpm .

I'm wondering what kind of fluid you have in the transmission, how much of it you have, and if its the right kind. It doesn't sound to me as though the problem is mechancal.

Okay... Check your fluid level and make sure that it is the proper oil. It sounds as if you have a stuck relief valve or implement relief spring or it could be a weak spring or valve. Check your parts schematic. If it is a Hydro Gear transmission go to their website and see if they have a Service Manual that you can download.

Keep us posted. One reason I don't like to help troubleshoot is people never reply if we've helped them out or not. I'm making an exception for you.

easy Marlin, Kevin only been here 4 days
Kevin, Welcome to the site,
I also am wondering about the fluid and filter.

Jeff B. You're right. Welcome Kevin...
happy.gif

From looking briefly at the transmission schematics, there are more little filters throughout the assembly that could be plugged. However, if it runs good when the oil is cool and then starts to fail when the oil gets warmer, I somewhat doubt a filter (though possible to have restricted flow only that should show up sooner). Check into the relief valves. The sad part of this type of transmission is they are basically a throwaway type. You may want to check with a dealer to see if there was any recall on that model. Hope this helps.

298939.gif

And to think that Kevin is a motorcycle mechanic and would have realized that he should have provided more information than what he did. Imagine someone coming into his shop and saying, "My bike won't start." Of course he would have the advantage of being able to physically check it over unlike where we are trying to help without even seeing the machine.

Latest posts

Back