• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

I HATE this new crap!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Does anyone know WTH this thing is?
The guy has no serial numbers, only a MFG. date.
I think it's a 1440, but not sure.
It does have the 14 horse briggs and scrap'um in it.
315131.jpg

315132.jpg

315133.jpg

1440 sounds right.......

Why am I thinking about teaching old dogs new tricks?
happy.gif

The rear wheels have 5 lug bolts - that's a plus.
happy.gif

It's probably broke cause he ruined it with that seat cover...
I assume he hasn't even bothered to look at the sticker on those side panels on the floor.

It does have a proper tag on it some where. He's just not spilling the beans.

Charlie, you must have lost your touch for finding good (as in <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>) Cub Cadets.
happy.gif

It ain't mine.
It belongs to a guy in town that's to freakin lazy to load it up and bring it to me to see WTH it was, LOL

Frank,
The serial number tag on the left side of the frame is gone, and all I had were the engine ID numbers to go by.
Besides, there's 2 serial number breaks on the 1440 and it makes a BIG difference between the 2 when you go get parts.

Charlie, whew... Good to know you didn't acquire that.
happy.gif

A few years ago I think someone said they had gotten some of the bearings that fit the rear driveshaft coupler of an 1811. These are the bearings that guide the end of the driveshaft in the cast part. Does anyone remember who it was, and if they still have some.

I replaced one in one of my tractors once by drilling holes to punch the old bearing race out. Now the other tractor needs the bearing replaced.

Thanks

Danny

Back