• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

I finally finished my Highly modified 122 Loader With lots of help from my son at his fab shop. She works pretty well!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
displayname
CalCubDriver
We converted it to a hydrostatic, that I got from a friend here in bend or. I got the loader bucket
and hydraulics from a guy in prineville, we had to rework all of that but the pump cylinders and controls
were in like new condition for 900. !00 for the hydrostatic, 600 for the original tractor, and 2000.00
for work accomplished at my sons Shop Southfork Machine in Lebanon Oregon. He did such a great job!
so what's that 3600.00 plus some extras....All started as a dream machine so I could re-do my front and
back yard landscaping...Cheers
Jeff

Attachments

• IMG-2602.jpg
    IMG-2602.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG-2604.jpg
    IMG-2604.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2606.jpg
    IMG-2606.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2607.jpg
    IMG-2607.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
thanks Gary! Fortunately I am on good terms with both of my boys. They own Southfork together.
We all work together on many projects. The true joy of having boys for me. The work that he did on the
heavy duty front axel and power steering, (that you can not see). Is truly amazing. Thanks again!

Two levers? One for lift and one for dump?
I'm guessing you had to add an additional hydro fluid tank? Maybe the fluid is incorporated in the lift arms?
Is that a bubble level under the levers, below the brass plumbing?
Real pretty looking

Nice job.
I'd like to see pictures from the build. What size pump did you install for loader? Front axle upgrade, was it hard to find right size spindles or did you make them?

Nice looking unit.

Two levers? One for lift and one for dump?
I'm guessing you had to add an additional hydro fluid tank? Maybe the fluid is incorporated in the lift arms?
Is that a bubble level under the levers, below the brass plumbing?
Real pretty looking
I'd say the upright for the hoist is the fluid resevoir. And what you're calling a bubble level is really the fluid level.

Correct, Fluid Level and Temperature. We inherited the pump from the chap that we bought the loader and hydraulics from, so not certain what the GPM is. Pump is. Diirect driven off front engine shaft.
The heavy duty front axel spindles/hubs, are 1.25" off the shelf, and welded to the custom designed straight
axel pivot front End. The Steering parts are CNC Cut from 1" plate steel. He put in quite allot of design
and fabrication work on the power steering front end. I will check my archives for build photos, there were some,
I am not very good about organizing photos. Apologize for not keeping better records. I am actually just
putting the last part on the front end today. The suicide knob on the steering wheel so the operator can have right hand on hydraulics and steer with left hand. The final piece to conclude the build. Photos to follow.
Thanks for all the nice comments. This project just fell into place so to speak. All the credit goes to
my Son John for his innovative and professional manufacturing practices. That coupled with International Harvester's foundation of excellent engineering. My favorite part about the project is that
it is built on the smallest garden tractor platform. That makes it a novel and useful design for my
.3 acre parcel.

We converted it to a hydrostatic, that I got from a friend here in bend or. I got the loader bucket
and hydraulics from a guy in prineville, we had to rework all of that but the pump cylinders and controls
were in like new condition for 900. !00 for the hydrostatic, 600 for the original tractor, and 2000.00
for work accomplished at my sons Shop Southfork Machine in Lebanon Oregon. He did such a great job!
so what's that 3600.00 plus some extras....All started as a dream machine so I could re-do my front and
back yard landscaping...Cheers
Jeff
Pretty clever your used the loader frame for reservoir good idea

Latest posts

Back