• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

I am looking for something.......

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wgray

displayname
Willie Gray
I am looking for a cub with a front blade, main purpose will be pushing snow. Id like a good running tractor nothing I am going to have to put a bunch of time into rebuilding. I don't need a parade piece, but the prettier the better. Im not really looking for anything in particular, but nothing hydrostatic. Let me know what you have, I have plenty of cubs now, without a blade, just have an itch for another. Im not opposed to a 154,184 ex..

I am located in southern Maryland, but wouldn't mind traveling a hour, hour and a half or so.

443-975-4901- text anytime, call if you like
[email protected]

I’d actually prefer a 154, 184, just because of weight and size, let me know what got. Thanks!

Gotta agree there. The hydro is much better for controlling tractor speed with a blower, but with a blade you really just want good power. Gear drives do a much better job putting power directly to the wheels than hydros do.

Yes and they also do a better job of backing up REALLY SLOW!!.

Gear drive with a creeper?
Now you are talking, for Blower or tiller application.

If you have a long driveway (mine is nearly 300') and don't enjoy manually changing the blade angle at each pass......go for it!

Hydro at WOT and a hydraulic angle blade for snow........
Only way to go.

I did the gear drive thing for a couple years before I got a hydro and would never go back to using a GD for snow removal.
Moldboard plowing....YES, but that's a different application entirely.
What ever floats yer boat I guess! :cubwinker:

🤔 hmmmmm, what is yalls opinion about duels for plowing snow? I was thinking duels for the added weight but im not sure how they would make out in the snow traction wise, compared to normal tires with weights and more then likely chains.

🤔 hmmmmm, what is yalls opinion about duels for plowing snow? I was thinking duels for the added weight but im not sure how they would make out in the snow traction wise, compared to normal tires with weights and more then likely chains.
Turf tires with chains. I doubt if duels are going to help.

Perhaps maybe it might help a little of you loaded all 4 wheels, but really you can't beat chains.

Also, I have to agree with this, a gear drive snow mover in reverse IS REALLY SLOW!!

Plowing snow in a blizzard is a duel!!
Between you and Ma Nature!! :)

Dual tires will just get in the way unless you have a 54" or wider blade and a set of three railers.

Even than you will be packing down more snow that you will want to get under on the next pass.

Back