• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydrostatic Transmission Problems - Model 1811

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdtaylor

I have an 1811 Cub Cadet Hydro, recently installed 2 rebuilt valves on transmission and it has worked great. On Friday I was pulling my leaf vacuum and the Cadet stopped, no movement forward or reverse! No signs of oil leaking from transmission. Roll pin on drive shaft is in place.

How do you check the pressure on the hydro? Any thoughts on what has occurred? Oil level was not at full mark but was only down the stick 3/8" max.

Have spare transmission which is ported, 1811 has hyd lift for deck. 1811 serial # 149966010; will hydro with serial # 547628R91, 90-1029, 02-LA 2225 (numbers on data tag) interchange?

Also have only used cadet hydraulic fluid in this tractor, no regular automotive fluid or any other fluids have been used.

I'd check your linkages and make sure everything moves. It's pretty unlikely it just died.

The roll pin (should be a spirol pin aka coiled roll pin) could be broken internally but appear intact.

Thomas, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif

David, good question! Thanks for the heads up. I moved it to the CCC MTD section.

Yes please check that spiral pin as the man said it can be broken and still be in place jack the tractor up put it in gear and see if there's a shaft coming out of the back of the hydro unit is turning it's a good way to check

Latest posts

Back