• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydrostatic help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Trammell

Recently bought 1440 and got it home - no issues however seller stated he had changed the hydro oil and various other maintenance things - unit has nearly 800 hours on it.

Several months went by and I have front nose, side panels and etc all removed for repairs - nose bolt on part totally broken (in pieces). Reassembled the pieces and then did major rebuild and strengthened it. Repainted entire front panels and hood.

During sitting in garage for several months the Hydrostatic unit began leaking - still leaking. I won't be able to take a look for a few weeks --- however brings up the question of what to do about leakage?

With 800 hours on it - would it be prudent to pull the Hydro and take it in for overhaul? Not sure I can do this myself, plus huge question is ----- is there any experienced and capable people out there doing service and repairs on these things???

As always --- I surely do appreciate any and all thoughts and suggestions

Bill

Probably just the cork gasket between the pump and the hydro proper.
Plenty of threads here on this repair I/m sure.
You can do this, a new gasket is about 5 or 6 bucks last time I looked.

For the most part, these units are pretty trouble free w/normal maintenance unless they have been abused.

There is no cork gasket on a 1440, there is an o ring between the pump and the tranny.
Leaks can be from the release valve on the bottom of the pump, filter not tight, hydro return line, back cover, or tranny case is cracked where it is bolted to the frame.
Remove the fender pan and gas tank and give that area a good cleaning, power washing. Easy to see where it is leaking that way.

Managed to finish up front work and painting - then moved the cub and put down cardboard.
Leak is coming down from both sides - nearly below what probably is the axle seals on left and right side - do not have room and time to explore further at this time.

The cardboard directly under the Hydro remains clear - no drips.

Thoughts??

Back