• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydro Trunion Repair

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twthompson

displayname
Tim Thompson
I am going to try my first Trunion Repair. I have read the FAQ and I have the suggested key stock. My question is, can simply weld the key stock to the existing structure? It will then become thicker and a bit ugly but will it work correctly? The sides will then have a different position against the springs.

I am going to try my first Trunion Repair. I have read the FAQ and I have the suggested key stock. My question is, can simply weld the key stock to the existing structure? It will then become thicker and a bit ugly but will it work correctly? The sides will then have a different position against the springs.
If ya read it and looked at the pics, why ask if you can do it. Of course you can. (y) Or you can get this and just cut your old one off and weld this on.
1593399272009.png

Usually it's easy enough to just weld up the corners and file them back into the correct dimensions. There is less risk of overheating the trunnion seal, too.

Can I get your advise of this. I took it apart today and have attached pics. Notice that my pins are square shaped. Also someone cut and welded on the damper plate. My gut is that they cut the top of the damper plate off to work on it instead of taking it apart. I have new springs and pins ordered and can work on the trunion (my mig welder is old and lame and my welding skills are about the same). Do you think the damper will work or should I look for a new one? Thanks

Attachments

• turnuin 1.jpg
    turnuin 1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 412
  • turnuin.jpg
    turnuin.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 394
  • turnuin 2.jpg
    turnuin 2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 459
Back