• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydro tractor question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
I am an early, early gear drive cub guy, so I need some info on this.
Been looking at the 149 and 169 tractors. Was the hydraulic lift on these tractors optional? I noticed some have the hydraulic lift, and others have the manual lift.
Don't make sense to have a manual lift on a hydro tractor. At least to me it don't.
This will give Harry something to do! :roflol:

I'm not Harry, but I am a wide frame, hydro guy also. (That's all we have)

On the 149 tractors, lights and hydraulic lift were standard.

On the 169, they had issues getting some of the components (I believe lift stuff, since it has a ported pump) so some of the 4005 of them were made with a manual lift, and some had hydraulic. There was a "dealer add" option of having a manual lift tractor "converted" to a hydraulic lift. The 169's did have lights standard.

On the 109/129 standard was a manual lift and no lights, but both could be added as options.

Another odd option for the Manual Lift Wide Frames, was an electric lift, kinda like the 147 had, except, it went inside the frame, the same place as the hydraulic cylinder was (it wasn't "outside" by your right foot like the 147). Lights were an option for all Cubs, and "assisted" lift had different options throughout the years. (The belt driven hydraulic pump, or in some years, the electric lift (which I think was 1x6/7, 1x8/9 and Quietlines))

Quietlines were the same. The 14/1650's had lights and lift. The 1250 was manual, no lights, but both could be added.

169 Hydraulic Lift.jpg

I have a 169 built in 9/74 and it came with a manual lift.. I converted it over to hydraulic with parts from a 149.. works well and never had a problem...

I did the same. Piston, hoses, valve w\linkages and the pressure valve & spring. works well

I also had a local hydraulic hose shop make new hoses for it.. had them made 1" longer. They were identical to the old ones as the old ones were hard as a rock..

No, I ain't taking a NAP!!!!!!! I just been kind'a busy with other things.
and

He probably had a coronary when I threatened to put a Kubota in that 169!!

NO, I didn't have a coronary either. My Dr. just did an EKG and the ole ticker is running like clock work.

Now, Kraig's post provides all the evidence of what IH did, although I think the Marketing Manager is streeeeeetchinggggg things a bit. The ported pump isn't "extra large" (hahaha)

(And Mike F - sure hope you can find some OEM Kohler parts to use on your K341)

Back