• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydro to geared trans swap

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dustin - geez seems like you really want to jump into it. Swapping the tranny/rearend itself is not that hard, but to make it useable is a lot of work. You need the clutch and drive shaft assembly, and to remove all the hydro stuff under the dash tower, and probably a new dash or dash tin so it doesn't look odd. And then you have to keep the same engine and PTO setup you already have on your modified 1250.

Honestly, it would be easier to go the other way around and put your 1250 engine in the 108 frame. Your engine has already been modified to work without the side panels and front muffler. You'll have to come up with a wiring setup for the electric PTO. Not sure if there is anything else necessary. Hopefully others will respond here.

Dustin,
Ask her if she only has one pair of shoes, and one pocketbook. They will wear out and have to be thrown away. These cubs last for years, and only increase in value! :errrr: :bluethumbsup:

Dustin - I don't get the short hand either. I'm a really old timer.

Either find a place to stash the 108 out of wife's view, or worst case strip it into parts and place them into strategic locations not to noticable. If wife questions anything they are just parts you may need. Wheels and tires are worth more than you paid.

If it comes to a shouting match just let her know you're a member of an internet Forum club and most of the members have 4 or 5 units and looking for more. Each unit has it's own purpose, place and intended use. You actually need to get more and need a little shop, shed, or even a lean-to for everything. You won't be able to keep up your membership without having several units to talk about, and to take to tractor shows, parades and such.

Four or five? Harry, you are short changing us and yourself! I have already lost count of how many I have had. I know you have too, unless you can remember a whole lot better than me! :errrr:
One thing that helped me, I told the wife these tractors are highly collectible and only increase in value. I also stated that when I am dead and gone, she could sell them and make several thousand dollars to buy more pocketbooks and shoes with. She hasn't complained since!!!

Four or five? Harry, you are short changing us and yourself! I have already lost count of how many I have had. I know you have too, unless you can remember a whole lot better than me! :errrr:
One thing that helped me, I told the wife these tractors are highly collectible and only increase in value. I also stated that when I am dead and gone, she could sell them and make several thousand dollars to buy more pocketbooks and shoes with. She hasn't complained since!!!
Hahahaha - Marty, you know me better than I know me :roflol:

And I was just think'n
I gotta start watching all those "Dateline" TV shows with my wife. I've seen alot of them where the wife knocks off the husband for insurance and real estate stuff. I suppose now one will pop up where she sold off the tractor collection.

Dustin - I don't get the short hand either. I'm a really old timer.

Either find a place to stash the 108 out of wife's view, or worst case strip it into parts and place them into strategic locations not to noticable. If wife questions anything they are just parts you may need. Wheels and tires are worth more than you paid.

If it comes to a shouting match just let her know you're a member of an internet Forum club and most of the members have 4 or 5 units and looking for more. Each unit has it's own purpose, place and intended use. You actually need to get more and need a little shop, shed, or even a lean-to for everything. You won't be able to keep up your membership without having several units to talk about, and to take to tractor shows, parades and such.
Hahahaha. Love this. I'll try hard to keep both. Dad is coming up next month to help me put up a lean-to, thankfully.

The term used to describe abbreviations from the initial letters of other words (what us old farts can't understand) is acronym. :roflol:

The term used to describe abbreviations from the initial letters of other words (what us old farts can't understand) is acronym. :roflol:
Ooh, so that's what they are. I guess IH used them to but I can't find them in my glossary. One thing I do know is that when I go to church they forgive my synonyms :old:

Back