• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

$$$$ Hydro oil for newer cubs $$$$$

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
Went to my cub dealer to get hydro oil and filter for my 3235,
yikes.gif
the hydro oil is $28.76 a gallon / $7.89 per quart, and this 3235 takes 1 gallon and 1 1/2 quarts to fill back to full. The filter was not to bad priced $9.97.
By the time I got the motor oil and filter I left with a emptyed wallet. Glad I don't have to change the hydro oli for another 100 hours run time.

Wonder hows it's so different from Hytran or any other hydl fluid, or better yet, why they switched to a different lube. "Note to self, stick with the old Cubs. Hytran is cheap.
thumbsup.gif
"

John G.
All I know is it is a syncethic (spelling) oil and it aint cheap. I asked about useing regular HyTran like the old cubs use and was told it would ruin the rearend.
Probly eat out the seals in the pump and rearend, aint sure.

And vice versa, don't use the new stuff in an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet. Not that one would do so at almost $30/gallon
wink.gif

That's why the CCC drive system oil is known as "LIQUID GOLD" !!!!

Being a conscientious self-maintenance owner of a CC 1200 and a newer (MTD) CC 3240, I have always tried to stick to the manufacturer's specs. However, after forking out money for a hydro filter and 5 quarts of hydro oil for my third (300 hour) transmission oil change, I had a long talk with the mechanic at a new dealer that I changed to. The mechanic (with grey hair and years of experience at the same dealership) told me to ignore the 100-hour manufacturer's transmission oil change schedule. He said that changing the oil at 250-300 hours, depending on how hard you work your tractor, is adequate for long-term maintenance. He said that's the schedule he uses for is older and new Cub Cadets and he wouldn't tell a customer to do anything he didn't do. Something in his knowledgeable look and his mastery about the mechanical issues about my CC tell me I can take his word for it. I can't advise you about your oil change schedule, but I plan on waiting another 100 hours before changing my transmission oil and filter.}

Bobby- Why not just change your filter every 100 hours and the fluid every 200 or so??? Filters are cheap insurance to keep dirt out IMHO and the filter is less than a ten spot at most dealers.

Hugh,
Thanks for pointing out another good alternative. Filters are relatively cheap, and, since the hydro oil doesn't really burn out or get loaded with carbon deposits like engine oil, it should be good for 200 to 250 hours.

Back