• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydro Leak

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Riutzel

IHCC Supporter
I thought I had all the leaks corrected and even cleaned the shop floor. That lasted a few weeks, and today I took her out for a short run and backed her into the shop. I noticed some drips on the floor and found puddles under the hydro unit. Not quite sure what to make of this set up; seems to be a mix of a manual and automatic unloading check valves? The one on the right is puking oil out of a pin hole sized hole on top. It's weeped before but is usually dry. This time it's more like tablespoons. Time for some check valves?
IMG_1940.JPG

I thought I had all the leaks corrected and even cleaned the shop floor. That lasted a few weeks, and today I took her out for a short run and backed her into the shop. I noticed some drips on the floor and found puddles under the hydro unit. Not quite sure what to make of this set up; seems to be a mix of a manual and automatic unloading check valves? The one on the right is puking oil out of a pin hole sized hole on top. It's weeped before but is usually dry. This time it's more like tablespoons. Time for some check valves? View attachment 144857
Contact Mark Cafone at Machtech direct You need 2 of the same style valves, Go with the automatics.
http://www.machtechdirect.com/

That's what this did. It would weep, but rarely. Then all of a sudden one day I had a trail of oil marking everywhere I went and puddles on the shop floor after shutdown. I just replaced the gasket for the hydro mounting to the axle last month and thought no more puppy pads for parking the old girl. 2 new autos should be on their way. On a side note I installed some shims for the control/trunnion linkage and that improved speed regulation a lot.

That's what this did. It would weep, but rarely. Then all of a sudden one day I had a trail of oil marking everywhere I went and puddles on the shop floor after shutdown. I just replaced the gasket for the hydro mounting to the axle last month and thought no more puppy pads for parking the old girl. 2 new autos should be on their way. On a side note I installed some shims for the control/trunnion linkage and that improved speed regulation a lot.
I did my gasket last winter -no more Harley pan under the tractor! I also welded up the notches in the trunion.

Back