• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydro leak

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAllison

IHCC Supporter
Uh-oh, my turn to learn about my hydro unit. Time to get out the power washer and head to the FAQ section and chase this thing down!
28062.jpeg

Just HOPE that some one DID NOT use bolts for that homemade hitch plate that are TOO LONG!!

If they did, you are probably threaded, as the bosses in the casting will have been broken out or at the very least cracked

if I had to guess I'd say its the dreaded cork gasket that seals the hydro unit to the axle. Common leak point, gonna have to replace it on my 107 soon.

😲 Whaaaaat? That things been on there since I bought it around 10+ years or better,never leaked a drop. Something to look at though,thanks Dave.

OK, then, wash and dry the area thoroughly.
Douse the area w/baby powder and the leaking fluid will leave a trail in the powder and lead you right to the leak.

I surely did not wish a heart attack on you Bob!
Thought this Cub may have been a new acquisition is all.
Just the first thought to cross my mind as well
I agree, the cork gasket would be the 1st place to suspect.

OK, then, wash and dry the area thoroughly.
Douse the area w/baby powder and the leaking fluid will leave a trail in the powder and lead you right to the leak.

I surely did not wish a heart attack on you Bob!
Thought this Cub may have been a new acquisition is all.
Just the first thought to cross my mind as well
I agree, the cork gasket would be the 1st place to suspect.
Will do...thats a great idea with that baby powder!

Question for experts, I have to replace gasket on my 129 , need to verify bolts to remove and shoulld I use any sealer ?

Cleanliness is utmost importance. No dirt to enter transaxle. I use a bit of Hi-tack to retain cork gasket to diff, then carefully set the Sunstrand hydro on the diff unit and then tighten bolts. Some visual aid:

Apparently, I bought an older or aftermarket cork gasket. It did not have any adhesive on it.

Back