• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydro leak, easy fix?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgreiner

displayname
mel greiner
Have a constant hydro drip, thought it was the relief valves but have found the source. Does anyone know if there is an O ring or seal behind the washer and clip or will this require a complete breakdown of the unit? Will post a couple pics

Mel G.
We do have FAQ'a know.
biggrin.gif

http://cubfaq.com/questions.html

55. How can repair my hydro relief check valves? Part 1

55a. How can repair my hydro relief check valves? Part2

its not the relief valves, its on the right side near the rear of the unit

Thanks Charlie, your info gives me something to move forward on. Do you know if the trunion seal can be changed without breaking the unit down?

mel greiner

to change that seal you will need to take the pump apart. It takes two seals one on each shaft. I would be very careful taking the pump apart . There is a lot of parts that need to go back together correctly.

If you are talking about replacing the seals for the trunnion shaft you need to disassemble the pump. Make sure you read the service manual. One touchy area is removing the roll pins that hold the swash plate. Get it right or you are in trouble. Change all the seals and the case gasket along with the cork gasket while you are at it. Just did this same job on my 2182.

Is there a manual available that details breakdown and reassembly of pump?

Mel: Charlie has posted a very complete Service Manual for the tractors produced during the Cub Cadet Corporation era at: "Manuals".
The manual is 203 pages long, and contains much more than what is listed on the "contents" page. The instructions for the tearing the pump down can be found starting at p. 147 and breakdown of the Hydrostatic Transaxle is at p. 135. There are instructions for just about every attachment you can dream of, including the 3-point hitch, trouble-shooting the front PTO (and installing the Rear PTO kit), including the removal of engines from 12 HP (as found in your 1210) to the 20 HP Onan. I think you have to go to Kohler for detailed info on the motors, although I believe info on the carburetors can be found in the IH/CCC manuals.

Best of all, it is available FREE for download because that's the kind of guy Charlie is.
smile.gif

Mel: That's why I told you to ignore the table of contents.

If you go to the Tractor Service Manuals page "Here", in the third column is a manual entitled CCC GT Service Manual. If you click on it, wait for it to load, and download it to your hard drive and then open it in Adobe Reader, you will find it contains 203 pages. You can then enter any page number to which you want to navigate, and it will take you there.

I sent you the manual via e-mail, but it is almost 6 megabytes, so I don't know if it will go through.

Charlie: I sent you an e-mail too. I'm just following Allen Schumacher's advice to keep my math simple.
smile.gif

Thank you Jeremiah, you're help was extremely helpful! As I suspected, I don't have to breakdown the unit. The manual states that the trunion seals can be changed easily without breakdown.

well finally got off my and got to it, unbolted the rear axle from the frame, jacked the frame up enough to roll the axle clear and was able to replace the trunion seal on the right side by removing the snap ring and washer. Pried the seal out carefully without scoring or scratching the shaft or housing, popped in the new seal put it all back together and wala! no leaks!!! Thank you all for your advice!

Back