• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hy-tran

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALL good Jim. Like you I was sharing an experience. I play with some machining eqpt. from the 40's and 50's and I have to always be aware of the oil I use as some will quickly destroy bronze bearings / bushings. Thanks Again for sharing.

Thanks for this thread. Mine is now operational with no puddles, and no malted milk so far. The thread couldn’t have been better timed For me.

I was not aware that some oils can attack bronze. That may very well have been what went wrong.

20210530_110634.jpg
20210530_110634.jpg

Obviously there was some oil seepage there mixed with the years of dust, dirt and grass to end up with the crust. Your hydro will run cooler if all that insulating crud is removed. Obviously if washing it, you will want to do that prior to putting a new filter and Hy-tran in the unit to prevent new moisture from entering.

Uh, moisture? In that unit?

Sorry, sarcasm is my strongest character trait. "Moisture" is why he started this thread-like maybe 50% moisture, 50% Hy-Tran

Latest posts

Back