• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hy-tran

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

20210414_165228.jpg

Attachments

• 20210414_165228.jpg
    20210414_165228.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 20210414_165509.jpg
    20210414_165509.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 177
that's a lot of water :yikes:

Hope that cleans out for ya alright! How do you reckon all that got in there?

Looks like a milk 🥛shake. You know, before you started it up and drove it you shudda checked the tranny for water, now it has contaminated the whole hydraulic system. You may have to flush it out with a few oil changes to get it clean.

Don't think I've every seen one like that. Definitely gonna have to run a few flushes of some cheap stuff then go with the good stuff.

The dipstick only goes in the oil about an inch, the water is at the very bottom, there is a drain to empty it out open it till oil flows out.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!
Talk about mis-use.
Only thing I can figure is the original fluid was leaking out at the same time water was leaking in.

Sorry to the O.P. but know that your struggles have taught me to check mine before I get it moving so I can avoid a similar fate on a new-to-me slushbox.

The dipstick only goes in the oil about an inch, the water is at the very bottom, there is a drain to empty it out open it till oil flows out.
I tried getting plug loose but its flush with the housing so someone really tightened it and i dont wanna break the housing any more than it is.

Hytrans absorbs moisture , it doesn't settle out . Moisture gets in through the vent . As the fluid warms up it expands . This pushes some air out of the case and when you turn the tractor off the fluid cools off it shrinks therefore drawing in fresh air ( which holds some moisture ) . Over time the moisture becomes a problem. My bet this tractor has never had a fluid change out . I have an original Cub (1947 ) that looked worse , washed it out with diesel fuel.

Could this be why the power steering barely worked ?
Hydraulic fluid is oil , oil is used because it does not compress, as the moisture level increases the the efficiency of the hydraulic is reduced due to the fact that water compresses. As the water level increases hydraulics work less efficiently . I have a 60 hp that requires a change out (16 gal ) every few years because of water absorption. Front end loader and power steering just don't work .

Back